RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Best laser jammer

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best laser jammer

do you have any pics of the laser veil application?
Old 08-10-2006, 01:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been waiting 'about two weeks' for the past 2 months
Old 08-10-2006, 02:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Best jammer is lidatek, imo
Old 08-10-2006, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default from what experience is your opinion based on?

Have you tested jammers before? Have you somehow had a chance to shoot lidar guns at various different jammers and come up with the conclusion or were you just told so. I had someone at a stereo shop try to tell me the k40 with the laser diffuser (useless) was the best system out there.<ul><li><a href="http://www.guysoflidar.com">http://www.guysoflidar.com</a</li></ul>
Old 08-10-2006, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ProPark vs. Defender2

star,

Can you share your thoughts on the ProPark vs. the Defender2? Both use quad laser diodes and jam the hell out of LIDAR guns. I'm wondering what your research showed, and what swayed you to the ProPark.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default forum research

From what I have gathered, Drivesmart defender2, while potentially a great system has not been tested. Nor has the company released models to be tested for the jammer tests. The only good reviews I have read are directly from the manufacturer's website. From the radardetector.net forum and from emails I have received from guysoflidar, the general consensus is that drivesmart cannot really be recommended.

Here is a copy of the email I received from guysoflidar. This is a response to the original message that follows.

"Most of use use the Blinder or the Antilaser/Laser Pro Park, but we also try out other jammers too...

In our opinion, the DriveSmart Defender 2 isn't even a contender at this point. Over the past year, they have made many promises about their product that have since been broken, and so far there have been no comprehensive independent tests of this product. My advice: stay away from it.

No ETA on when Blinder will release an updated unit based on the ptototype.

As for your pictures: people generally advise against mounting in this manner. However, I had the opportunity recently to speak with Andy from Lidatek about this very issue. From what I got from him, I think that at least with the Lidatek, you would be OK. AL/LPP might be OK too. I don't think I would recommend that with the Blinder though. Like I said though: many people would advise against this....

Jim
Guys of LIDAR"

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: laser jammers
Date: Sun, August 06, 2006 12:15 pm
To: admin@guysoflidar.com

In your collective agreement what is the laser jammer that most of you would place in your cars. I have purchased the blinder m40 only to return it after reading about the drivesmart defender2 and the al6 laser pro-park. You guys used a blinder m45 and from the results, the outcome seems spectacular. When is blinder going to release this prototype? Also I have included a picture of a lidetek install on an Audi RS4, with this setup being behind the grill would it be effective? I am asking because whichever laser jammer I purchase I will either drill a hole in the grill or leave the setup behind the grill. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:53 AM

Default good luck. I never wanted to drill holes in the grill.

The sensors on my car are nearly fully visible. Only a small part of the sensor is being cover in each top corner.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It was you

Who pointed me to the website. Thanks. I just didn't know who to give the credit to.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Pics....

Putting on a new glaze this weekend if the weather is nice. It is not too difficult, but up close does not look great. however I am a firm believer in it.....I will try an post after this weekend..........
Old 08-10-2006, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Lidatek had serious problems recently.....

again, check guys of lidar site...they USED to be huge lidatek fans
I think Laser park pro is dfinitely the way to go

Quick Reply: Best laser jammer