Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not modded, but is an S
Old 06-12-2008, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Da Input

First, I want to apologize for the critics. I'm not a big fan of compliments and usually prefer constructive criticism. Overall it looks good, but here's my 0.02 USD.

1. This might be some online video problem, but music does not quite match the video. On 5.15 it's very clear that there should be musical pause which comes 3 seconds later on 5.18. There might be something wrong with style and/or tempo. When you have like jerky camera effect with the calm music it just doesn't work together.

2. Looking at this lady driving I feel your pain. Still images is her business.

3. It would be great if you had some connecting scene between driving and car wash showing that the lady actually came some place to wash her car. The scene could be even made of still images or fast motion to hide her clumsiness.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default WTF, did I miss the school part of the bikini driving?............

Craig, don't get me wrong as I enjoyed the girl but you lost all the jiggle shots. Damn it, you need those jiggle shots! :-)

You are walking a thin enjoyable line between tease and **** my friend.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

****...i wish i would have read this sooner, i was just there in SoCal for a few days.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well, i like this model better than the last one.

i really *don't* like the music....makes the whole thing reek of soft-core "Spanktravision" hotel ****. sorry, LOL.

the video effects are a bit annoying as well...I think you got carried away with that 'over-exposed' look (or whatever it's called).

and I still want to hear some dialogue with the model, preferably discussing the car. Have you ever watched that show "Bikini Destinations" on HDNet? the thing that makes that show more than just jerk-off material is the fact that they interview the models. it doesn't have to be anything elaborate....just SOMETHING to show me the girl isn't a friggin' robot.

also I'd like to see the model actually washing the car, not just posing with a soapy wash mitt.

as a director, I would tell the model: 'look, we're hiring you to be a model, but we don't want you to ACT like a model...just be yourself.' personally, i think that would make it more interesting.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Good input, Bob....may I ask?

I struggle with the music weekly. What kind do MOST people like..I have bad taste in music, so it's a crap shoot. I tend to skew it young-ish because I don't think 40+ers will be watching the show for any kind of tech input, more just to drool on the girl.

Many of the girls cannot speak intelligently on camera...period. A little clue: if I don't show them talking, they're either ditzy, bashful, or completely unable to mutter anything intelligent or interesting. Where I have good stuff, I use it, where I don't, there's music.

I will however start adding technical commentary describing what went on, and a little about the car...if you guys think it contributes something.

Also, would really like to hear from others about their music preferences.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default for this application, i think the music should consist of brief audio clips.

obviously music is such a subjective thing, you're never going to have something that appeals to everyone. so if you simply use brief clips of music that is sonically diverse, at least you won't annoy someone for the ENTIRE video.

if I was doing something like this, the first place I would look is the huge DRM-free album that Nine Inch Nails released earlier this year (Ghosts I-IV)...it's entirely instrumental, very diverse musically (ranging from quiet to brutal), and it's bascially 3 hours worth of musical snippets that would be useful in a number of video projects.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My suggestions

Bob made some good suggestion so I thought I would add a few.

I agree the shorter clips of music would be an improvement. I think most people's attention span is about 30 seconds nowadays, so short clips might be better. No soft-core **** music either.

More action was a good suggestion, Have the model do more washing (lots of stretching, reaching,and bending). Take her to a parking lot and film some shots of her "driving" with the steering wheel off dead center.

Concentrate on some of the details on the car by flashing some stats. Using the 2008 997TT from the last video:
"The Most Powerful 991 Turbo Ever" (show the car)
"Variable Turbine Geometry" (show the turbos)
"Massive 13.78 in. 6 Piston Brakes" (show the brakes)

I would go for this angle: serious car information with a pretty girl on the side.

Keep in mind I don't know **** about video production so my comments may not be worth much
Old 06-16-2008, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Just use what you hear

Usually the most popular music can be heard anywhere. Don't use trans since it'll be a boring clip. Use more of a techno stuff or powerful disco.

Not sure if it'll fit the video, but here's the link for you that many people might like.

BTW, you can try to use this music while driving and let the model play with the music a little (move, dance, sing). Of course, don't record her voice. <ul><li><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQFjavLR52Q">linkylink</a></li></ul>
Old 06-16-2008, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default You may wanna try rock as well

<ul><li><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g50vzZzAja0">Bon Jovi</a></li></ul>

Quick Reply: Bikini girl and a Porsche