RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Buyers Beware...Vendor Warning! Very Longish...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, GermantuningDE or VAGtuningDE, GolftuningDE or B5RS4Driver or Ralf or Lance be afraid

because screwing people with a wheel and airbag that do not even connect must certainly be illegal.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

You should post this in more sub forums so more get the info.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I think it's actually a thin sheet of aluminum...

And I did file a damage claim at the post office. They inspected the package and damage and are going to investigate. The postal inspector said the newspaper and single air pillow sheet used for packaging was not sufficient for the size and volume of the box. Also, there was no marking on the box to say "handle with care" or "fragile". However, the inspector did agree that the package was handled poorly and agreed to send the claim in for processing. Also learned from the post office that the package was only insured for about 75% of the content value.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Package was left without signature required...

Also, did use cc thru Paypal.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is true, but not the airbag...At least I couldn't find it.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Totally agree!
Old 12-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I don't know about the slight shade of silver, but I've got dents...

And it's interesting that you mention about coming out of the mold this way. We had a similar e-mail exchange about that. Unfortunately, there's no way to know for sure what caused the damage, but again, absolutely no willingness on his part to help resolve the issue.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's plastic

If there is a dent w/o cracking or marring on the finish, I would think it's either supposed to be that way or there is a manufacturing defect. I have not had a B7 RS4 Wheel in my hands in quite some time (they've been on back order for nearly the whole year) so I cannot recall if there is a slight thumb indentation or anything.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Although I can understand your frustration, there are a couple of points I'd like to make...

I've dealt with Lance on several occasions, and although there have been some issues, never has he simply lashed out when an error is pointed out to him. I would be curious to the the context and demeanor of your emails to him post reciept of the items. If your order request was for the airbag and the specific part number you stated, then yes you have an issue and should be entitled to an exchange. As to the damage to the wheel, that box was poorly handled by the shipper and as such, it is their responsibility to correct and make you whole. I know of a dozen or so members here who have recieved items from Lance and as far as I know, this is the first time one has arrived in questionable condition. Try to be civil and work things out privately with him. If in due time the situation is not resolved, then maybe it would be time to give a heads up to other members here as to the situation.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default sounds like they gave you an A8 airbag? thats what I purchased for my euro wheel...

had to swap out those connectors with the ones from my stock airbag.

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware...Vendor Warning! Very Longish...