RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Buyers Beware...Vendor Warning! Very Longish...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 11:48 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please don't.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That almost looks like the plastic was molded that way

If there's no impact mark on the plastic I bet it came that way from the supplier. I just looked at both of my Euro wheels and they are each slightly different, so I'm sure there are some variances in manufacturing. It looks like there is some pretty heavy shadow on those pictures - does it show up without the heavy shadow?
Old 12-14-2008, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There's your mistake there. You should have just said you never received the package.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default How about this place.

<ul><li><a href="http://www.gmgracing.com/audi_interior.shtml">Euro RS4 wheel available in the US</a></li></ul>
Old 12-14-2008, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Here is a place where you can get the Euro wheel in the US

<ul><li><a href="http://oempl.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&amp;cPath=60_71_1 05&amp;products_id=796">Another place to get a Euro RS4 wheel in the US.</a></li></ul>
Old 12-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Yes, thank you for pointing that out...

I to felt the same way when entering into this transaction and trusted that I was dealing with someone who knew the products and would deliver them as I ordered (And yes, I specifically ordered the RS4 airbag part # and have an invoice that he sent me with that part # listed). His e-bay ID looks very positive and I knew he had dealings with other AW members. However, when something goes wrong as in this case, he is not willing to take accountability for any issues.

As for the context, demeanor, being civil and working this out in private, I'll send you the entire e-mail string if you'd like...I've been exchanging e-mails for 2 weeks with no success...Like I said, I've basically given up at this point.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default After reading half the posts you can cancel your credit card transaction and also do the same thing

through paypal. I was able to cancel a transaction through paypal when i received wheels that were destroyed by UPS in transit. Since it was the sellers responsibility to recover for the shipping damage in my case I didn't wait to have him recover for his loss then return my funds but I canceled the transaction both ways with photos and explanation and it was out of my hands. Goods were damaged, that's what the coverage is for on the credit card and paypal trys to protect buyers in a similar manner.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Buyers Beware...Vendor Warning! Very Longish...

All there has to be done is a swap of the harness. The A8 and RS4 Airbag are identical otherwise. Exactly identical. Hands down. Anyone claiming anything else doesn't know anything about Audi and Technology. Sorry to say!!!

Additionally. Airbags do not have expiration dates. I have a written statement from an Audi official stating that the airbags do not expire and can be used over periods of 20 years without concern. If anyone is interested I can post that letter along with the Contact info to the Audi official. That should be proof enough.

The supposed dents on the picture cannot be from anything other the the manufacturing process because the surface of the aluminum hasn't been penatrated or scratched + it would take significant force to dent the aluminum like that. Atleast several hundred kilos.

Shipping from Germany is expensive. People demand to get this steering wheel at outragously low prices with literally no margin left for the seller. Then they expect the seller with maybe 80$ earned on the damn thing to give an emediate refund although the steering wheel is still 6000 miles away no garantee to get it back and not knowing wheter it actually is the same steering wheel or wheter somone is just trying to exchange theirs on the expense of the seller.

There needs to be some understanding for the seller aswell.

The whole issue is very difficult and certainly not easy to solve for both sides.

No reasonable suggestions have been made from the buyers side and he hasn't fallowed up on the abuse of the package by the postal service. Additionally, the shipping policy sais that the responsibility of claiming any shipping damages lies by the recipient of the package. Not by the sender.

Hope everyone understands that here.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The 'dented' area isn't aluminum - it's plastic.