RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Calling KW coilover owners......

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not even. The Stasis/Ohlins SL are still a progressive rate race sprung kit.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Sounds like you're on the right track then (no pun intended)
Old 07-29-2008, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do the Stasis/Ohlins SL.....

I have the SL on my car and I absolutely love it. Gives it a nice stance and it is nice and tight (but not unbearable) on the road. If you choose to tracks it one day, you'll still be good to go. I've tracked mine and it holds up against the Stasis MS no problem. Only difference between the SL and MS is the SL doesn't have separate adjustable reservoirs in front.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Subjective...your tastes may vary

There's no way anyone can give you a description through a forum. Is it harsher than stock? Yes. Is it GT3 rough? Not even close. Is it Lexus smooth? Not quite. You have to ride in one.

Too soft for track? Absolutely not.

Let me save you some trouble: don't listen to a word of advice from anyone who isn't driving around on V3's on a daily basis, or who hasn't tracked them.

Are they as good as Stasis? Define "as good as?" Track times? Ride "comfort"? Longevity? No one will ever do a back to back test with scientific data, so it's a moot point.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:39 AM

Default Interesting comment. Cost of parts should be proportional to the cost of the car. I call shenanigans

A shock is a shock and a spring is a spring. It's not some new fangled technology. Companies price things that way because we think if you pay more it's a better product.

Now with that said one thing with STAsIS is that they have true hands on experience with the Audi line which has to mean something with buying a component prepared by them for our cars.

Now if they would just run a special deal, group buy or something ....I would pick up a set today.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default You gotta have connections at StaSIS

I do..and have gotten several discounts. Let me know if you want me to go to bat with them for you. Seriously, you see anyone putting General Tire tires on their RS4? Nope. People put on decent stuff. I think that if you put off the shelf koni coilovers on an RS4..you are just wasting money. Pony up to the bar and by some decent coilovers...I prefer StaSIS stuff for audi fitments. I personally currently have Bilstein PSS9s on my 335i. Are they perfect? No, could I have bought TC Kline coilovers..yes, they would have been more expensive..but you also do see me buying Tein coilovers either. All I am saying is you have a nice car..if you are gonna mod it..dont put crap on the car.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hi Steve.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:24 PM

Default STaSIS is the ONLY legitimate option on the RS4

I have had it on three different RS4's all had stock set-ups for at least a month prior to install, and let me tell you, there is absolutely ZERO reason NOT to buy this suspension. It is absolutely superior in every single aspect. Price is very, very reasonalble considering the effective change in vehicle dynamics, from Sunday drives to Sunday TRACK.

Nathan
Old 07-30-2008, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whats up dog?
Old 07-31-2008, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Are you talking about the SLs or the MS?

From what I hear, the SLs are pretty close to the cost of getting the Audi SS+ for the RS4, so I might shoot for that instead

Quick Reply: Calling KW coilover owners......