RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Carbon Buildup Cleaning in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 11:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b45H1r
Dropped mine off at BARTuning yesterday. Will post pics when done.

Saw the pics of yours. You should have posted those.
Yeah I haven't had a chance to upload them. Was yours the gray RS4? I was there the other day picking up some oil from them. I'm guessing you liked the way the job on mine turned out? I heard that you were selling your car though.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tv4184
Yeah I haven't had a chance to upload them. Was yours the gray RS4? I was there the other day picking up some oil from them. I'm guessing you liked the way the job on mine turned out? I heard that you were selling your car though.
Yup. The gray RS4 is mine.

I ordered an RS5 two weeks ago. I love the RS4 but it's time to sell her. If I had a third or fourth garage I'd retire her. Maybe I'll be able to track her down again in 10 years.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Finally have time to post pics of carbon clean

Had it cleaned 2 weeks ago. Reportedly very difficult to clean. I imagine so for a car with 67K miles on it without a previous clean. Glad to have had it done. I'll be honest, I can't tell much of a difference, but I rarely flog it. When I do, It always pulls hard. Pulled hard before, and pulls hard still.

Just as a note. The plugs were changed, and also had an oil change and some Motul put in. The garage (BARTuning in Houston) didn't take a pic of the oil change, but since they'd done a previous carbon clean on another RS4 with the same oil change, using the same oil, I borrowed the last two pics from that photo stream. Every other pic is 100% my car.

It will be on sale this week.

Before:

After:

Old 04-28-2012, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

glws of the rs4. that is surprising you did not feel any difference with the CC, spark plugs and oil change.

when you get the RS5 pls post some pictures in this forum as i am sure others including myself would love to see it.

when is that due in?

thanks,
Steve
Old 04-29-2012, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm sure there was a measurable dyno gain. Just my butt dyno couldn't detect it. Enough people on here have done all the comparos,so I figured no point in doing it a 157th time.

The RS5 will be here in Late July or August hopefully. But I'm selling the RS4 now so I won't have to deal with garage space issues. I refuse to park one out on the street.

I'll just do a long term rental
Old 04-29-2012, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow! I can't believe you didn't feel a HUGE difference! You had A LOT of carbon buildup! I just did my spark plugs @ 55k and felt a HUGE difference in addition to the carbon clean in September!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by b45H1r
I'm sure there was a measurable dyno gain. Just my butt dyno couldn't detect it. Enough people on here have done all the comparos,so I figured no point in doing it a 157th time.

The RS5 will be here in Late July or August hopefully. But I'm selling the RS4 now so I won't have to deal with garage space issues. I refuse to park one out on the street.

I'll just do a long term rental
when you going to post some pics of the RS4 and a price? are you the original owner?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Does anyone know of Carbon Clean location in the Northern California?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by swesna
when you going to post some pics of the RS4 and a price? are you the original owner?
Sorry.

I posted pics of the car on cars.com and auto trader and audizine and got 3 offers immediately. Actually got it sold before I had a chance to post here on Audiworld.

I shook on a price, so it's on its way to being sold. Money has not yet exchanged hands, but it is off of the market unless the deal falls through.

I was the second owner. I purchased it at 6,000 miles.

But how about some pics anyway.

Last edited by b45H1r; 05-04-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm in Austin and thinking about getting a cleaning. I have 58k miles on it. Any other shops you'd recommend? How much did it end up costing?

Quick Reply: Carbon Buildup Cleaning in Houston