RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Carbon cleaning in Northern VA!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon cleaning in Northern VA!!

I just got my '07 RS4 about a month ago. I love my car! It has 55k, it had the 55k service done already. I have been reading up on the carbon build up thing, I wasn't sure if mine had the cleaning done already. If anybody knows of a reputable place in NOVA to do the job, it would save me a trip to stealership! Oh yeah, I was beat (slightly) by an dodge charger r/t off the line....
Old 11-27-2011, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What?! Maybe you really do need a carbon clean. Even the biggest and baddest Charger SRT8 - the one with the 470hp 6.4-liter - does 0-60 in 4.6. That's right where the RS4 is at. Which R/T whooped you?
Old 11-28-2011, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

LOL Might be a driver issue...RS4 should kill a Charger! I live in Laurel MD, I did my carbon clean in Jessup, MD which is not far from Arundel Mills mall. Send me an email..we can meet up sometime...jabari.sadler@gmail.com
Old 11-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BADRS4
LOL Might be a driver issue...RS4 should kill a Charger! I live in Laurel MD, I did my carbon clean in Jessup, MD which is not far from Arundel Mills mall. Send me an email..we can meet up sometime...jabari.sadler@gmail.com
big time driver mod needed lol

rt dodges are no joke though...i've seen them run low 13s high 12s with basic bolt ons. We should whomp them up to the top of 2nd. They have a chance higher up with a good modlist and can kill us with a full modlist. Stock RS4 that is of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnK4dHUwOqM
Old 11-28-2011, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

LOL was that you in the S4? I can kinda tell from the shift pattern...you got a smooth quick shift bro! You seem to have mastered audi shifting! I'd love to see you do it in person! Cheers!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't remember ever watching an S4 or RS4 1/4-mile video where the driver isn't granny shifting! No wonder people run so low. Think about it. The 1/4 mile is done in under 13 seconds, if you granny shift, it's like taking your foot off the gas for a half second or more!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

LOL quick shifting and not tearing up the clutch/gears and also not giving too much jerk inside the car...is quite an art...from the flip side...only few people do it right.....cheers again!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

1) STAND on the throttle pedal, and leave it pegged until the shutdown area.
2) Shift hard enough, like you're actually trying to break it off.
3) Kick the clutch pedal like you're trying to plant it into the back of the engine block.

All these things are necessary for maximum performance.

I've actually experimented on the strip both ways (per above like I've always done), and lifting during shifts. Not with this car mind you, but the results should be similar. The difference was dramatic. Nearly a full second!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
1) STAND on the throttle pedal, and leave it pegged until the shutdown area.
2) Shift hard enough, like you're actually trying to break it off.
3) Kick the clutch pedal like you're trying to plant it into the back of the engine block.

All these things are necessary for maximum performance.

I've actually experimented on the strip both ways (per above like I've always done), and lifting during shifts. Not with this car mind you, but the results should be similar. The difference was dramatic. Nearly a full second!
LOL Weren't you the same guy scared to tear up the RS4 clutch a while ago? LOLLLLLL
Old 11-29-2011, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by BADRS4
LOL Weren't you the same guy scared to tear up the RS4 clutch a while ago? LOLLLLLL
Yup. But I only worry about the clutch when launching. Thing is, to run your best time, you have to do both - ridiculously hard launch, and powershift.

CHEERS!

Quick Reply: Carbon cleaning in Northern VA!!