RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

"The Cherry Bomb"-My RS4 with MTM supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fluevog
If I had the same disposable income I'd probally do the same.

Awesome setup.
For me it is a better investment to hire a pro coach and learn how to drive it properly.

Cheers........
Old 12-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD S4/Allroad
For me it is a better investment to hire a pro coach and learn how to drive it properly.

Cheers........
Someone could say that you should be properly trained before buying a sports car at all. Who cares? If you want to learn to drive go to Skip Barber. Spend your money however you want. Awesome setup BTW. I'd supercharge it also if I had the money.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Cheers........
why not both?

and how do you know he can't drive 'properly', and why are you the arbitrator of the spending decisions of others?

actually a better 'investment' (a car is a depreciating commodity) is a CD or some bonds, perhaps real estate or education, but not a car...

as far as power, if the determinant was 'enough for the street' we all would be driving prius's or accords or something...

a casio is more accurate than a rolex/IWC/etc., (the primary function of the device), but there is more to it than absolute performance...

it irks me when people offer unsolicited advice on how others should live when all they did is share something cool with us...
Old 12-06-2009, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JibbyOne
Someone could say that you should be properly trained before buying a sports car at all. Who cares? If you want to learn to drive go to Skip Barber. Spend your money however you want. Awesome setup BTW. I'd supercharge it also if I had the money.
Its your money, blow it as you like, but you will never even get close to the potential of a stock RS4 without the proper training......
Old 12-06-2009, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Its your money, blow it as you like, but you will never even get close to the potential of a stock RS4 without the proper training......
you are assuming they don't have it...
and that's magnanimous of you allowing them to spend their money as they see fit

some would say a track car or a boat/airplane/etc. is a complete waste of $$$

Micheal Schumacher never attended a DE/school in his life...
he was a 'natural'

Last edited by ArthurPE; 12-06-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Arthur I am not arguing with you......

but there is only 1 MS (and he did a ton of karting starting at a young age)

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread.....

Be safe out there.......
Old 12-06-2009, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Arthur I am not arguing with you......

but there is only 1 MS (and he did a ton of karting starting at a young age)

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread.....

Be safe out there.......
no argueing, but you are assuming he did not make a well thought out decision...
that he didn't evaluate and analyze his decision, and even confronted doubts
yet chose to proceed...I'm sure it was a big decision for him...

you are of the opinion he made the wrong decision, ie, 'judging' without knowing what he knows, he might be rich, internet bonus guy or trust fund baby, or most likely, just a working stiff that saved to buy something he wanted (not needed)
isn't that kind of what America, or life itself, is about?
what good is living without the frills?
as long as not taken to extremes and the important things are tended to first, ie, education, family/home, incurring debt, etc.
and most importantly, it is taken care of and appreciated, and it sure seems to me that he fits all the criteria...then again, who the heck am I to 'judge', lol

I tend to agree, the RS4 has more go than can ever (or should) be used on the street...then again, I have 2 IWC's, a Panerai, Omega Moonwatch, etc.

if I sounded harsh, sorry, but heck, I know a decision like he made is not easy, and second guessing/buyers remorse will not make anything 'better'...because nothing is 'wrong'...choices man, choices

peace
Old 12-06-2009, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

I 100% agree with you......

A man cannot ever have too many beautiful timepieces......LOL

BTW, thanks for your advice in my RS4 vs. M3 thread.....

Best......
Old 01-21-2010, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just noticed that this thread devolved into a theme of: "If you want to drive faster, then take driving lessons." Don't worry, I know how to drive the car, and when the boost kicks in, the supercharger spools and whistles away and I get that pinned-to-the-Recaro-seatbacks feeling, I just love the transformation MTM made to the car.

And no, I don't track the car-this is what I track: 1997 Porsche 911 (993) Turbo, the last air-cooled Turbo. Tuned by Protosport/Protomotive to 650+HP on low boost (93 octane), 700+HP on high boost (100 octane), 3.8L conversion, Mahle P/C race kit, twin-plug ignition, GT2 EVO cams, Pauter rods, Garrett GT3076R turbo's, Protomotive plumbing, brake conversion with Brembo slotted front rotors/993RSR rear calipers, H&R Clubsport suspension, Recaro Sportline race seats with cashmere leather, Schroth six-point harnesses. Good for 160mph on the back straight at Watkins Glen-on low boost:
Attached Images      
Old 01-26-2010, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Touche'.

Nice cars, love what you did with the RS.

Quick Reply: "The Cherry Bomb"-My RS4 with MTM supercharger