RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Dyno results post-it. Search is useless so I'm just looking to gather a few examples

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scott61
I'm in MA, I know Swift in CT has a Dyno Dynamics, Which shop has the DynoJet?
ICS Performance. They've done quite a few RS4s, MTM stuff, Milltek, Stasis, etc. I think their logbook includes a half dozen RS4 customer's dyno data. Lemme know if you want to go, I'll call them up for you (in fact thinking of going myself with the 135i to get stock numbers before I start modding it).
Old 04-08-2009, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by scott61
Which Dyno was this on? I'm looking to Dyno and trying to decide between two places, One has the Mustang chassis dynamometer and the other a Dyno Dynamics. From what I have been reading the Dyno Dynamics results are lower but more accurate
Dynojet 424X
Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RS Maniac
ICS Performance. They've done quite a few RS4s, MTM stuff, Milltek, Stasis, etc. I think their logbook includes a half dozen RS4 customer's dyno data. Lemme know if you want to go, I'll call them up for you (in fact thinking of going myself with the 135i to get stock numbers before I start modding it).
I am in CT as well.
Were you by any chance driving on CT15 a couple days ago going south by exit 59 around 7:30'ish in the evening.

I saw an blue RS4 going by me in the left lane(I was not in an RS4)

Regards

Nick
Old 04-10-2009, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by titsataki
I am in CT as well.
Were you by any chance driving on CT15 a couple days ago going south by exit 59 around 7:30'ish in the evening.

I saw an blue RS4 going by me in the left lane(I was not in an RS4)

Regards

Nick
No, not me Nick. I rarely go up there in CT unless it is to see George. I am planning to go visit ICS to get a baseline dyno on my 135i before I start modding it, was thinking tom but may be tough to do as something came up. Maybe next weekend. A few other people have expressed interest, maybe we can have a mini RS4 meet ;-o)
Old 04-10-2009, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

sounds good. I was thinking from your pictures you look like you live in NY.

Let me know for next weekend. Meeting some other RS4 owners may be a good idea.

Regards

Nick
Old 04-12-2009, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by titsataki
sounds good. I was thinking from your pictures you look like you live in NY.

Let me know for next weekend. Meeting some other RS4 owners may be a good idea.

Regards

Nick
Yup, metro area. Would be great to meet, will have to see how my next Sat is shaping. I'll check with George if he'll be around (Easter for him, and me actually).

This Sat was no good partly due to the weather, but also I had planned to replace the run crap tires on my 135i. Went 10mm wider (keeping stock rims for daily duties), HUUUUGE diff from the RFTs. Can't believe BMW is throwing these tires as OE on all sport-packaged cars, torrid handling and bumpiness, road noise, and heavy and expensive (255/35/18s cost over $330!!!) Never ever buy RFTs!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine was 330 hp and 259 tq on the mustang dyno. Only Milltek non res exhaust @ sea level. Before the supercharger. Should have more data in about month or so.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by 1FastRS4
Mine was 330 hp and 259 tq on the mustang dyno. Only Milltek non res exhaust @ sea level. Before the supercharger. Should have more data in about month or so.
Supercharger? Did someone say Supercharger? Pls tell us NOW!!! LOL

PS: Is yours an Ibis White a well known shop is working on? Seen some pics of it alongside a Alpine White M3.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's three cars very close on three different dynos. Good so far. Will be great to see 1Fast's car running soon.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by GotRS?
That's three cars very close on three different dynos. Good so far. Will be great to see 1Fast's car running soon.
+1

What I find interesting is the percentage drivetrain loss as measured by whp and wheel tq. My numbers suggest there was a 21% drivetrain loss when measuring whp (414chp vs 325whp) but only 15% when measuring wtq (317ctq vs 269wtq). IMO there should not be a difference (of %-age drivetrain loss when measuring whp and wtq), which if true would suggest these cars are indeed a bit over-rated by the manufacturer. If you scale back the whp to chp by the 15% drivetrain loss as measured in the wtq case, you get a crank SAE hp of...383!

Automobile Magazine had a 2007 Sprint Blue RS4 Long Term Fleet vehicle (in fact they put a Milltek exhaust mid way through their 6-month drive). They dynoed it alongside an R8, and their numbers are posted here (click on the images to see the zoomed version). Funny enough - they got 331whp and 276wtq for the RS4 (and 338whp and 275wtq on the R8). So officially you have 4 dyno results of different cars, on diff dyno machines, at diff climates and ambient temps/environments. All came in within a close range of 330whp which seems to be the right figure. What explains the slightly higher AM posted numbers is the way they dynoed both cars - notice they eliminate the losses due to tires (dyno hooked directly to the hub) - that is good for another 5-8 whp. Steve Dinan does his dynoes that way, in fact most race teams do, F1 included.

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...est/index.html

Quick Reply: Dyno results post-it. Search is useless so I'm just looking to gather a few examples