RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Feedback on selling RS4

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 AM
FSC
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on selling RS4

Looking for some feedback on selling my RS4. I am the original owner and I've been in love with this car since day one. I also have an 03 RS6 (I live in the US) that is my daily driver. For some reason the more I keep the RS4 in the garage, keep miles down, keep it out of the rain etc... I am starting to feel like I'm wasting it by keeping it in the garage and then taking it out on nice weekends for drives and then putting it right back in the garage. I feel like I'm better off finding someone who will enjoy it since it's like brand new car and I remember the day I picked it up and how happy I was to have it finally. I'm nervous if I sell it I'll totally regret it. Any thoughts from anyone who's sold theirs?
Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

As someone who BOUGHT a well kept car, I can say that you will make a future owner very happy.

Although... in the purchase process, my vehicle's former owner expressed second thoughts and then pulled the advertisement for the car. If I hadn't already paid for a PPI, and negotiated a purchase price, he was going to keep the car.

Definitely challenge your own thought process before putting that advertisement up!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

I too purchased a well kept car - 18,000 miles and in pristine condition: original brakes, tires, everything. And the seller still brought it to the dealership regularly for all maintenance.

I had been hunting for a car like this for a while... I waited for almost a year and half to find it. The colour combination mattered to me as well - I probably would not have bought an Avus, Dolphin or Black in the same condition since, to me, they're bland (sorry, don't mean to insult anyone - just my personal taste). I would have gone for a Misano, Imola or even a Glut orange. Having Ti was big on my list but I was willing to do without (and I did).

The seller was on the fence to sell it and was asking a high price. I waited 9 months before he really decided to sell and came down in price. He had a 911 as well, so he said he wouldn't miss the RS4 too much, and I guess that helped with him to sell it. He bought a X5M as a replacement.

I drive my car all season, as I believe a car is meant to be driven and enjoyed, plus the RS4 is great in snow. I drive about 12k miles a year so it's not too bad.

Your car depreciates less when you leave it in the garage, so you're not losing as much if you drove it.
It sounds like you don't really want to sell it. Maybe a test for yourself: if someone offered you $55,000, would you sell it?

BTW, what year/colour/options do you have?

Last edited by G35Dalf; 04-24-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Why sell it when you can keep it. Some logical reasons of selling that car is when you need cash, you lost one leg (can't use clutch), and you need an SUV like in case. Don't get sentimental about it. Your not hurting the cars feeling. You're lucky you still get to drive it once in a while. I still miss my RS4 to this day. DON'T SELL IT!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:09 AM
FSC
Audiworld Junior Member

if someone offered my 55K I would have to take it as that would be a pretty good price for me seeing the current value. It's an 07 Phantom black with black interior and carbon fiber inlay, it's the premium package so it has all options. Only mods are flat bottom TTRS wheel with RS4 logo, K40 integrated radar/laser and milltek exhaust. It's got 32k miles. Don't really need to sell it but wish I knew a buddy or someone that really wanted to so I could sell it to them and see it getting used, and then I could drive it now and then to get my fix. I travel a decent amount with business.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FSC
if someone offered my 55K I would have to take it as that would be a pretty good price for me seeing the current value. It's an 07 Phantom black with black interior and carbon fiber inlay, it's the premium package so it has all options. Only mods are flat bottom TTRS wheel with RS4 logo, K40 integrated radar/laser and milltek exhaust. It's got 32k miles. Don't really need to sell it but wish I knew a buddy or someone that really wanted to so I could sell it to them and see it getting used, and then I could drive it now and then to get my fix. I travel a decent amount with business.
I feel like a vulture but I can't help it... too hard to resist...
how much for the TTRS wheel & RS4 logo?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Seriously though, $55K would be awesome I'm sure, but cabrio's are going for less than that. I don't think you're ready to sell and as RS4_NY said, "be happy you have it" 'cuz once it's gone, it's going to be increasingly difficult to buy one back that's pristine...
Old 05-08-2013, 10:33 AM
FSC
Audiworld Junior Member

G35Dalf, I'm keeping the flat bottom wheel on it. I'll be honest, it really transforms the interior and the driving experience. I still have no idea why they brought this car over with that skinny stock wheel. I paid $1400 for it back in sept 09. They have them new for $977 now which is obviously less than what I paid for mine.

http://www.europrice.us/