Five Days & Counting: Carbon Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 05:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by titanium08
I'm with elevens on this one

I spent six months calling aoa complaining about power loss to no avail
Luckily, I got a code and they covered it (albeit 200 dollars of bg cleaning that did nothing)

That is why I got it certified; car is too risky to own without warranty...once Im out of warranty; I'm out
FYI winterunner, I wanted to put the jhm spacers in but the dealer said it void the warranty...F that!

I have a question for you guys, would you buy our car if it looked exactly like an a4 or an s4 for that matter?
I upgraded from an 07 s4 and could tell you that if I was just paying for a lousy 80 hp (after choked up with carbon, it probably is 50 bhp) and 20 lbs of torque, I wouldn't have done it. Beside the 5500k kick, gunning both cars feels the same to me. (I'm not a race car driver, just a regular guy paying obama's taxes)

We could talk performance, but that is for audizine.

We bought our cars because of the exclusivity and the fact that it looks awesome.
In fact, there isn't a week that goes by that someone doesn't honk or signal me. Just the other day, I guy flags me down to tell me how amazing it is.

Everyone on this forum would cringe with the thought of walking into an Audi or BMW dealer getting into a lease that is the base model (tan color with tan interior).
Your dealer sounds very mean. It's your choice to back out when you choose, I wouldn't over something as trivial as 800$ every 1-2 years though...
Old 03-23-2011, 10:50 AM
YRS
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well, since you asked...had an S4 before the RS. For that matter had a few Bimmers of M-vintage too but frankly, just like the RS a bunch better. All the Ms and the S4 were fine cars, but frankly, each had it's own share of maintenance issues/woes/weaknesses too...I think it comes with pushing the performance envelope. I really liked the S4, but frankly, for me it was not nearly the car the RS is...I think the performance differential was substantial (I have not driven the new one). I liked my M3's and M Coupe's too, but the RS provide the right mix of performance and utility. And like it or not...it's special. So bottom line, I'll pay a bit extra for what it gives me.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default How Much?

I am looking to get mt engine cleaned out and I asked my dealer how much. They said $2200. I am seeing a lot of $800-1200 on this site. Has anyone had this done at a dealership and if so, how much did you pay?

They said AoA will not pay, no matter what they find once the engine is open if there are no codes.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Where are you located?
Old 03-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

North/Central NJ
Old 03-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by benonj
North/Central NJ
If you dont mind driving out to Suffolk County, Long Island, Elite Motorsports can do the job for less than 1/3 the price. They've done the job on several RS4's, including my own.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Hyde
If you dont mind driving out to Suffolk County, Long Island, Elite Motorsports can do the job for less than 1/3 the price. They've done the job on several RS4's, including my own.
Thanks. I would consider that. How long did it take, the usual 2 days?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, about a 48hr turn around for Sal & Kai over at Elite
Old 03-29-2011, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by benonj
I am looking to get mt engine cleaned out and I asked my dealer how much. They said $2200. I am seeing a lot of $800-1200 on this site. Has anyone had this done at a dealership and if so, how much did you pay?

They said AoA will not pay, no matter what they find once the engine is open if there are no codes.
I paid $475 to have mine done at Audi. Dealership in Atlanta, Jim Ellis. They had the RS4 for two days and were done. That included a "Fuel System Treatment" as well.

Not sure where/why y'all are coming up with $800-1200.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I performed a carbon cleaning today on 08 with 21 k miles, wasn't too bad but was getting there. Could tell a big difference after on test drive

Quick Reply: Five Days & Counting: Carbon Cleaning