RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

How do you lift your RS4?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a set of ramps....they're not wide enough for the RS4 wheels.

they probably make wider ones, but i haven't looked into it.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'll have to take a look

My cursory glance showed four plastic-looking black blocks placed towards the four inside corners of the car for lifting, but it didn't look like enough room to fit a jack and a jack stand together. Do you have flat tops on your jack stands? Mine have a U shape which doesn't look like they would fit over the blocks.

I do have a set of low profile ramps for the front that should clear just fine.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: I'll have to take a look

Look on the sides under the front and rear doors.

There should be jacking points there. Mine is a standard floor jack with a slotted jacking plate(normal). Just make sure you position it so that it doesn't touch any gas or brake lines that may be tucked under the sill, close.

Anyway, jacking points should be show in the owners manual, in addition to being covered in the Bentley manual. You have both, right? Just take a look in there to see the proper jacking points, if in doubt.

If your ramps will work, great. You can drive up on ramps, remove belly pan, slightly lossen drain plug, then lower car off ramps again to get it level for an oil drain. Using a floor jack and jack stands to do this is more of a PITA, for sure.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Doh!

It didn't occur to me to roll the car off the ramps after loosening the drain plug - that should work out just fine assuming I can reach far enough under the car to get at the plug when it's on the ground. Thanks!

The black lifting blocks I'm talking about don't seem to show up in my manual.

The Bentley manual is on order, hopefully it will have more info.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Doh!

You should be able to, especially if you leave it just hand tight.

Well, I don't know what to tell you...the jacking points are pretty much the same on all cars...it's where the lift carriage goes on each side(F & R). Audi also marks these with a small arrow. Look under front door about 10" back of wheel well. You should see an opening in the belly pan related cover exposing a part of the frame that is a jacking point, right at the outer edge under the door. If you look above that, on very underside of the rocker panel(beneath doors) you should see an arrow symbol. The same goes for the rear jacking point...which is about the same distance forward of the rear wheel well.

If this is missing from the RS4, although I can't imagine, then maybe you won't see what I'm describing.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:22 PM

Default I'll take a picture of the lift blocks

The blocks look perfect for a normal lift arm. They are about 4"x3" with a flat horizontal lifting surface that extend below the rest of the body underside. I suspect Audi used these as lift points because there doesn't appear to be any other place to put the arm pads.

Unfortunately, they don't appear to be compatible with the typical jack stand.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Okay...

yeh, I'd like to see the pictures. I'll check my car for same, although it's an S4, not RS4.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: I'll take a picture of the lift blocks

I think I know what you're talking about and those aren't the jacking points. The plastic covering at those points is part of the larger underside covering. But send pictures like you mentioned, that would help.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I lift, and separate, with Playtex X your heart.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:31 PM

Default LOL. You're dating yourself...

"Does your bra do everything it could for your figure? If not, try the Playtex Cross-Your-Heart Bra. You could cross over to a better figure. This tape measure shows how every Cross-Your-Heart Bra crosses over. Lifts and separates. To give you a better younger looking figure. So, if your bra doesn't do al it could for you figure, buy the famous Cross-Your-Heart Bra from Playtex and cross over to a better figure." -- 1978 Playtex Bra TV Commercial

Quick Reply: How do you lift your RS4?