RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

i know you guys are not taking your car to the car wash!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Griot's

<ul><li><a href="http://www.griotsgarage.com">cleek for spendy stuff</a></li></ul>
Old 06-29-2006, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Zaino seems like a pain in the *** and complicated, just look:

The basic products you will need are Z1 or the new ZFX accelerator additive, Z2, Z5 (optional, but highly recommended), Z6 and Z7.

Thats like 5 different products not including the car wash ! How is that easy ?

Plus, if you do multiple coats, it seems like it would take over 24 hours.. and I can't just leave my car sitting there all weekend without using it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like Zaino is a big pain .. thats why I havent used it.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default First time is a pain

After that, it is easy.

My roadster was a daily driver (four seasons in PA). It took most of a day to do the first application with wash, dewax, rewash, dry, Z2, Z5 (both with accelerater ZFX), Z6. I also did Ragtopp protection of the roof.

Yes, the first time is a royal pain in the ***. When I was done, however, the shine was amazing. I did it shortly after taking it home from the dealer and it took out the swirl marks that the over aggressive "detailer" for the dealership put in the hood.

After that, I just wash the car by hand weekly. I Z6 the nose and hood/trunk which takes maybe 8 minutes. It keeps the bug kills and fallout from sticking to the car. I do a full wax with the Z2 and Z5 every six months or so. The ZFX accelerator allows the car to dry quickly and you can put on multiple coats in a short period of time. I will confess my car is garaged at night, but it is out all day.

so, yes, the first time is a bit of a PIA but really not that bad. After that, it is easy. Also, the stuff requires no rubbing. "Wax on, Wax off", so to speak. I found the time investment in doing it the first time paid off several fold over the past few years. Maintaining it is easy.

A bit of work to change over from conventional products, but I will not go back.