RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Keep your RS4 away from Audi of Alexandria

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep your RS4 away from Audi of Alexandria

I am officially done with them. I'm clearly short about 20-30hp, based on dyno runs and getting walked down by BADRS4. So I go back to Audi yesterday since the carbon clean they supposedly did last year was BS. They admit that all they did was a basic BG clean. So we go back and forth about how it was a waste of time and my money. After talking to the manager they decide to do a real carbon clean and credit me for what I already spent, so I dropped the car off last night. This morning I get a voicemail from the service tech saying he talked to the manager and everyone agrees that there is no way that carbon can build up on the manifold for a direct injected motor. That they refuse to do the labor bc it's "too risky" and a waste of time since it won't increase hp. So I do everything possible to control myself and call the service manager to advise him that he's clueless and needs to call Audi of Silver Spring. They do and call me back with some bs about, "Oh, we knew about that and just didn't want to touch your car bc it's modified." Now the only mod is the milltek that I bought the car from Audi with CPO'd!! Now they expect me to give them another $1200 to do the work so I tell them hell no, I'm picking up my car and you can give me the credit toward my next oil change or something basic. The service manager says that the only way I will get my credit back is by letting them do the carbon clean. ARE THEY OUT THEIR F'ING MINDS!!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gibsonl
I am officially done with them. I'm clearly short about 20-30hp, based on dyno runs and getting walked down by BADRS4. So I go back to Audi yesterday since the carbon clean they supposedly did last year was BS. They admit that all they did was a basic BG clean. So we go back and forth about how it was a waste of time and my money. After talking to the manager they decide to do a real carbon clean and credit me for what I already spent, so I dropped the car off last night. This morning I get a voicemail from the service tech saying he talked to the manager and everyone agrees that there is no way that carbon can build up on the manifold for a direct injected motor. That they refuse to do the labor bc it's "too risky" and a waste of time since it won't increase hp. So I do everything possible to control myself and call the service manager to advise him that he's clueless and needs to call Audi of Silver Spring. They do and call me back with some bs about, "Oh, we knew about that and just didn't want to touch your car bc it's modified." Now the only mod is the milltek that I bought the car from Audi with CPO'd!! Now they expect me to give them another $1200 to do the work so I tell them hell no, I'm picking up my car and you can give me the credit toward my next oil change or something basic. The service manager says that the only way I will get my credit back is by letting them do the carbon clean. ARE THEY OUT THEIR F'ING MINDS!!

I would write Audi of America. I'm new to Audi and these sorts of stories scare the **** out of me. I don't understand how a dealership doesn't understand their own cars, it's embarassing. I purchased Audi care plus and an extended warranty from Audi Chantilly, when I pulled the car up to get it inspected Audi Chantilly failed me for tinted windshield...I don't have a tinted windshield. This was my first sign that I had made a major mistake...how is it possible that they can't tell the difference between a tinted windshield and a normal OEM windshield but I'm supposed to trust they are the most skilled technicians in the world when it comes to my car? I need to find someone at an independant shop that I trust and respect to do everything on my cars except Manufacture Warranty related stuff.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well to be specific, there isn't much carbon in the intake manifold. It can happen, and when it does, it can interfere with the flaps and throw a code. Where the vast majority of severe carbon builds up is in the cylinder head intake ports and the backsides of the intake valves.

Obviously they've either (1) never opened an RS4 and are drinking official Audi koolaid, or (2) are lying through their teeth. It would be suicidal of course for Audi to admit a carbon problem. Since they're on-record as clairvoyant and "knowing" that there is no carbon buildup inside your engine, they should have no problem putting their money where there mouth is, with a simple challenge: "dealer pays if there's carbon buildup, owner pays if there is not." I guarantee that it will be so chuck full of carbon they will be embarrassed enough to throw in something else for free, such as a free oil change. Good luck with it, but You will probably just say screw them a$$holes and take your business elsewhere.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I decided to just take my car and run. It would be almost negligent of me to let them go in my motor when they admitted on vmail that they think doing this will further damage my car. NGP seems to know their stuff so I'll drop it off Monday. This is a perfect time to do the JHM intake spacers but now I know if anything happens to my motor and that's in there, they will certainly void my CPO. Since I plan to beat on it at the track it's probably not even worth the risk just to get a few extra hp.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah this is completely crazy! But now I completely understand why Audi SilverSpring has RS4 customers that drive 4-5 hours (passing 3-4 other Audi dealers on the way) just to come to their shop to have not only their Audi recommended service, but also Mod's done! When I was there last, they had a modded Black RS4 all the way from VA beach(4hrs away) that drove up to have his milltek put on! The first question Audi Silver Spring asked me when I brought my car to them, was did I have it carbon cleaned? and also which forums am I on? This is how I became friends with my service advisor outside of work! Audi Silver Spring was soooo close to becoming a full APR Shop in addition to an Audi shop! But I think the pres of the dealership kicked it down....I would either take your car to your guys at NGP for the carbon clean or my guy who did mine at German Auto in Jessup, MD. It's really good that you posted this forum to keep all future RS4's from completly boycotting Audi Alexendria!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RS4Ship
I purchased Audi care plus and an extended warranty from Audi Chantilly, when I pulled the car up to get it inspected Audi Chantilly failed me for tinted windshield...I don't have a tinted windshield.
So I owe Audi Chantilly an apology. I was just going through the huge folder of reciepts from the previous owner (he literally kept every reciept, even cabin filters, oil changes, DRC recall, carbon clean, etc) and came accross an insurance reciept for a new windshield due to a rock chip. In the description of the windshield it says "light gray". Holy hell that Chantilly Inspection Tech had a good eye. I've asked 10 other people including two other mechanics about the windshield and everyone gets up close and says there's no chance it's tinted. Good eye mister, I'm a dumb ***! Guess I'll continue getting my inspection done at the gas station down the street where they don't notice the extremely light gray glass
Old 02-15-2012, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll bet the windshield is labeled as such.