RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

NEW STOCK RS4 1/4 MILE RECORD - 12.75 @ 108.36

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BADRS4
Hey Buddha....unlike you, we didn't buy our RS4's to dragrace!!! You keep killing your drivetrain if you want to...we will be on the road course! and all of what you said once again is non-sense......it's pointless for me to even play these games with you any longer! LOL
I bought my car to be a fun daily driver. I'll take it to the strip 2x a year because it's fun as hell and a great way to test the car.

You bought yours JUST to drive at the road course? You must be rich. Especially considering the dragstrip does virtually zero harm to your car (unless you're a moron who can't drive)...while the road course will destory your tires/brake pads/rotors/stress your suspension/create all kinds of creaks in the car/potentially see it balled up in a wall/potentially see the engine blown from a money shift or an over-rev. None of that happens at the dragstrip however I've seen ALL of that happen to RS4 owners at the road course.

Further...according to you, you love drag racing. You just choose to do it illegally on the street where you might kill some people, rather than at a safe, controlled dragstrip.

OK so I know the older M3's we can take, with no problem.... but does anyone know if we can take the newer ones? there's this guy at my gym that I reallly wanna give the bizness too! He's probably got a 2009 or 2010 I think?

So I just raced this 335is at a light all the way up to 4th gear and I had a car lead on him the whole way. Pretty sure its a Automatic "tiptronic" (although I'll find out shortly as we are meeting up and going to a german performance shop). Now this could have just come down to be being a quicker driver. But I'm thinking if I barely beat this 335is than the V8 M3 should be a challenge. But I'm still looking forward to the challenge! LOL

We did more of these where you could see the BMW's wheel spin and the RS4 would get ahead. This time the BMW didn't use Launch control and they were pretty much neck and neck. However when I raced him, my tires were performance tires so the wheels would stick much better than gibson's all-season tires. Today was a fun day of racing! LOL But when the 335is get's his chip it can be faster than the M3!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFIvj...e_gdata_player
http://youtu.be/6yH_staSZuY Here's me vs the 335is once again!!!! Easy money!!!
LOL I'm ready! and Saki.....we dragged several times..that shifting @ 7500 is total bulls*it! I ate him up everytime! Shifting @ redline! I have carbon clean and he doesn't but still, he has Milltek and I don't...that doesn't do anything bro....bring your **** down here and I'll clean u up too!

Last edited by sakimano; 04-10-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

2X a year???? You've been going to the dragstrip 2x a DAY!!! If you think you're not KILLING your clutch and drivetrain with those 3-5k launches....continue destroying your car...and don't say I didn't tell you so! If you can't afford a carbon clean, you certainly can't afford a clutch....so why don't u just chill out with racing..hit the treadmill and go find some chicks!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Good day sir, may I ask, what's with the name calling? It's uncalled for and unacceptable here. Refrain, or be banned.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

2X a year???? You've been going to the dragstrip 2x a DAY!!! If you think you're not KILLING your clutch and drivetrain with those 3-5k launches....continue destroying your car...and don't say I didn't tell you so! If you can't afford a carbon clean, you certainly can't afford a clutch....so why don't u just chill out with racing..hit the treadmill and go find some chicks!!!
i have a serious question here, are you 12 years old? keep hating hater.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saki, congrats on the time!!

BADRS4, what's up with all the hate?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by z06killa
I was just going to say.... Plus, you're making RS4 ownership look bad. Stay classy.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by z06killa
Kris warned about name calling in the post immediately before yours, so please knock it off sir or be banned.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

tell you what....I'll let you borrow some money to get your carbon clean done and a passport...and meet us at Summit....then we can see what you can do sumo drag racer boy!
you have a bad attitude

you criticize him for taking his car to the track yet you endanger lives by racing on the street

his times are great, and the mods (if you can call them that) insignificant
the rotors mean zip, and the clutch is mirrors and smoke, no impact
and this pretty much shoots holes through the carbon = 30 wHP bunk

anyone who wants to give someone the 'bizness' is a child, grow up

saki
what rpm's did you launch at for your best runs?
Old 04-11-2012, 04:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ArthurPE
you have a bad attitude

you criticize him for taking his car to the track yet you endanger lives by racing on the street

his times are great, and the mods (if you can call them that) insignificant
the rotors mean zip, and the clutch is mirrors and smoke, no impact
and this pretty much shoots holes through the carbon = 30 wHP bunk

anyone who wants to give someone the 'bizness' is a child, grow up

saki
what rpm's did you launch at for your best runs?

Just to be clear because these two kids have clouded the facts here. The car with those mods is another car in another country. Nothing to do with me.

MY CAR HAD NO MODS - 100% STOCK. STOCK ROTORS, STOCK CLUTCH, STOCK FLYWHEEL, STOCK DOWNPIPES WITH ALL CATS, STOCK UNTOUCHED CATBACK.

OK...back on topic lol.

I launched at 3000 in the past with some 'success' (1.9+ second 60 foot times) and any higher launch rpms just spun the tires more. On this particular day my car had a different set of tires to the old Continental ContiSportContact2 that came with the car. These were Toyo Proxes R or something.

I launched at around 3200 rpm on the first run and had a 2.0 sixty foot time. So on the second run I launched at about 3800 rpms. SIxty foot was 1.84 seconds, so I stuck with that all day. 1.83-1.85 sixty foot times when I did that.

Thanks for the post Arthur.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Arthur, how can you be back to assuming that carbon is a myth? I posted my pre and post dyno runs which were a 30whp+ difference. The dyno was by an independent shop who had nothing to do with the cc. I don't think anyone who actually owns an RS4 still contests the existence of carbon. And to say that a lw clutch and flywheel is insignificant ... Are you kidding me?! I'm guessing you've never driven a stock car vs one with a lw setup.

Quick Reply: NEW STOCK RS4 1/4 MILE RECORD - 12.75 @ 108.36