RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

PES Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PES Supercharger

I am the new owner of a 2007 RS4 that has the PES s/c kit installed. After reading some disturbing posts on the business practices and the reliability of PES and their product. Any insight and experience with this set up would be greatly appreciated. I would like to hear both positive and negative experiences as I am sure there are people on both sides of the fence. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Striddy
I am the new owner of a 2007 RS4 that has the PES s/c kit installed. After reading some disturbing posts on the business practices and the reliability of PES and their product. Any insight and experience with this set up would be greatly appreciated. I would like to hear both positive and negative experiences as I am sure there are people on both sides of the fence. Thanks for your help.
Probably AZ has more people on the forums with this s/c. Matt has one on his car and it is running great. Suggest you find who did the install and stay in touch with this company for any updates and to monitor the car.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you will do. Just registered on Audizine. I appreciate the response.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Reggie
Probably AZ has more people on the forums with this s/c. Matt has one on his car and it is running great. Suggest you find who did the install and stay in touch with this company for any updates and to monitor the car.
by running great do you mean making proper levels of power per advertising...or it hasn't broken down?

Basically the 'problems' most folks had with the PES kits were around the belt...and the cooling. That was in 2009-2010, so hopefully PES has ironed them out. PES' reputation destruction however was spawned by the cars not making anywhere near the levels of power that were promised.

The supercharger they used, an Eaton M90, is pretty small and will only give you a modest bump over stock power levels. You should probably see a 40-50 hp gain over a stock RS4. THat's nothing to sneeze at...but is nowhere near the 125 hp promises made.

I'd just make sure everything is installed nicely, and enjoy the kit as is. Don't bother with adding meth or anything...it'll be a waste of more money. Consider a 2.75" exhaust and 2.75" downpipes from JHM to increase overall efficiency of the system.

Would be great if you could go to the dragstrip and post a couple of times. See if you can beat Kryptonik's 12.6!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I picked up the car, and the performance is amazing. This thing is a beast! I don't know if I'll take it the strip, but if i do, I will definitely post the times. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned

I picked up the car, and the performance is amazing. This thing is a beast! I don't know if I'll take it the strip, but if i do, I will definitely post the times. I'll keep you guys posted.
is it grey? I wonder if I know the previous owner
Old 08-04-2011, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by sakimano
is it grey? I wonder if I know the previous owner
It is grey, any information is always appreciated.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Banned

It is grey, any information is always appreciated.
he loved the car, but lost his taste for it after getting ripped off by PES. He was really disappointed and (apparently) sold it not long thereafter.

His loss is your gain! Hope you enjoy it.