RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Recent purchase 2010+ RNS-E

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recent purchase 2010+ RNS-E

I know it's a huge chunk of coin to fork up but all I have to say is WOW to zawa, absolutely professional throughout the whole transaction, messages were replied and he kept in touch with the progress of the build. One of the best feelings was when he sent me a picture of the fully functional unit he built for me on a lovely morning.

The unit works flawlessly, TMC is such a treat to have in Calgary, updates when I start the car and continuously does so throughout the drive. No more IPOD (sometimes, but rare)! All is well when I load up two 32GB cards in the unit and I have more than enough music to last me on trips.

Oh and if you're worried about the unit coming to your house in one piece...Don't worry, the unit is packed to perfection, I've never seen so much protection for a unit in my life. Got me frustrated when I was taking it out of the box to start the install.

Thanks so much for the new RNS-E zawa!!

If you guys want to get a hold of him, he's on QW, but I believe he's also around the other Audi Forums
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Banned

what was the price like?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
what was the price like?
$1600, but if you're nearby NY/NJ pretty sure you can just swap and don't have to worry about shipping charges to Canada. Faceplates are swapped, so you don't have to worry about doing that yourself. Great unit! I really think the 32GB SD card is such a gem. Got 64GB of music in the car!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Banned

Yes it's excellent. I've had mine for around a year now. I really like it compared to the regular RNSe

I think you can find it even cheaper if you try. When you factor in selling the old RNSe, you're looking at a few hundred bucks, so it's really not that crazy. I have 32 GB x 2 which is many thousands of songs, all displayed on the RNSe screen, and easily controlled by the steering wheel. It's an excellent solution that destroys the stock iPod hookup in the glovebox (which I have, and never ever use anymore). It is also far easier to use than an auxillary cable which looks rather unpolished having a cable loose in the car, and requires you to be looking at your phone or ipod to change music. Not ideal whatsoever. Certainly the aux option is a bit better than using the radio or the stock ipod hookup, but only barely.

RNSe2010+ crushes all other options for the car, without going full on aftermarket system (which I won't do). You can also add AMI to RNSe2010+, giving you the option of an ipod/iphone interface, or even a hard drive in the glovebox that is actually usable on the RNSe screen itself. It's another $500 or so dollars though, so the 64 GB of SDHC cards will tide me over for now.

Last edited by sakimano; 10-04-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by petoria
$1600, but if you're nearby NY/NJ pretty sure you can just swap and don't have to worry about shipping charges to Canada. Faceplates are swapped, so you don't have to worry about doing that yourself. Great unit! I really think the 32GB SD card is such a gem. Got 64GB of music in the car!
II'd like to correct my post about the cost, it's $1500+shipping.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I thought this system allowed the iPod connection?

II'd like to correct my post about the cost, it's $1500+shipping.
I have heard everything said before but I thought the iPod/iPhone could more easily be controlled by the new RNS-E 2010+?

I would like to have both the 32Gig SD cards and my iPhone connected.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RS4bro
I have heard everything said before but I thought the iPod/iPhone could more easily be controlled by the new RNS-E 2010+?

If you get the Audi Music Interface (AMI), it can.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RS4bro

I have both and it works fine.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Banned

I have both and it works fine.
so your posted price above was RNSe + AMI? Or are you talking about the ****ty iphone/ipod adapter that treats your playlists as 'CD1 thru CD6'??? because that's useless. AMI has the ipod/iphone songs on the big screen on RNSe, just like the memory cards.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
so your posted price above was RNSe + AMI? Or are you talking about the ****ty iphone/ipod adapter that treats your playlists as 'CD1 thru CD6'??? because that's useless. AMI has the ipod/iphone songs on the big screen on RNSe, just like the memory cards.
No, just the RNSe unit, I had the iphone/aux adapter as you mentioned for the old unit, but it still works as an aux output (which sounds good), but the iphone connector quality is terrible. I reused the adapter incase I wanted to use the AUX.

Quick Reply: Recent purchase 2010+ RNS-E