RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the insight I will look into it!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by spagolli94
AWE Tuning is pretty close to me, just outside Philly. One of my buddies has their exhaust on his S5 (they one with the V8). It sounds amazing, so I'm sure it would sound amazing on the RS4 as well.

Here is a link to their site and they have several sound clip videos, with different exhaust options:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/a...4-exhaust.html
Are you referring to Mihok's S5?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nope - my buddies name is Greg.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default RS4 upgrades?

[QUOTE=spagolli94;24103257]Nope - my buddies name is Greg.[/QU

Research/compare exhaust? GMG|JHM|Miltek|AWE

I decided to go with APR chipped tuning now I am debating what exhaust to pair it with? any suggestions? If it was your money and car what would you do and why? I truly appreciate all ur insight.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a 2007 RS4 with Miltek cat back. The previous owner had the down pipes and high flow cat as well but traded for stock down pipes and cat because he found the resonation sound in the car annoying. There is still a little resonation at low rpm with the cat back exhaust that I have become used to. I was thinking of going back to the high flow cat but I was wondering if any one else had a similar experience with an annoying resonation sound? Has anyone dynoed their car before and after to see what the horsepower gains are with the high flow cat and down pipes?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2photors4
I have a 2007 RS4 with Miltek cat back. The previous owner had the down pipes and high flow cat as well but traded for stock down pipes and cat because he found the resonation sound in the car annoying. There is still a little resonation at low rpm with the cat back exhaust that I have become used to. I was thinking of going back to the high flow cat but I was wondering if any one else had a similar experience with an annoying resonation sound? Has anyone dynoed their car before and after to see what the horsepower gains are with the high flow cat and down pipes?
I had a Milltek (non-resonated) briefly on the cab. I thought the drone with the stock downpipes/cats was horrible. I cannot imagine it with high flow cats. I am not sure the little (probably imperceptible) gains from the high flow cats are worth it.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rag tops tend to be worse about that whole droning business. I'll bet is sounded amazing topless though, no?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
Rag tops tend to be worse about that whole droning business. I'll bet is sounded amazing topless though, no?
The exhaust is definitely louder with the top down. But the tubi is unmatched. It was swapped over in days and I near to gave away the Milltek.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JMSIV
The exhaust is definitely louder with the top down. But the tubi is unmatched. It was swapped over in days and I near to gave away the Milltek.
Did the Milltek drone go away with the top down?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Miltek cat back with down pipes is reporting a 30 hp increase, AWE is reportting a 11 hp increase on their own Mustang AWD dyno. I can't find any claims for the Tubi. Does anyone have any personal dyno reports on their cars before and after down pipe and cat back replacements? How is the resonance and droning with AWE and Tubi or manufacturers other than Miltak?

Quick Reply: RS4 exhaust?