RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No drone with ECS H-Pipe + stock mufflers and remote-operated flaps. 10 pound weight reduction. Best $300 mod!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
Did the Milltek drone go away with the top down?
No it did not.

The Tubi is ridiculously priced, I happen to get mine from a buddy who was a distributor at the time, but then Tubi redid its distribution and that street closed.

The AWE would be my choice if I were buying. From clips, the GMG sounds good, though I am not a big fan of the tips.

I am skeptical of all claims on cat back exhausts.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
No drone with ECS H-Pipe + stock mufflers and remote-operated flaps. 10 pound weight reduction. Best $300 mod!
I agree! If you want to retain the valve, this is hard to beat...
Old 02-18-2011, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am definitely afraid of any droning issues. I'm stock and I even shut off the S button when cruising on the highway. So while I love the sound of the aftermarket exhausts, I'm worried that they all would drone much louder than stock.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by spagolli94
I am definitely afraid of any droning issues. I'm stock and I even shut off the S button when cruising on the highway. So while I love the sound of the aftermarket exhausts, I'm worried that they all would drone much louder than stock.
"RS4 power" on audizine has a capristo exhaust that he raves about...lots of threads on it. I am about to pull the trigger and get it, but still haven't heard it in person. Many people have confirmed that there is little to no drone with the capristo....but mega bucks; almost 5k with remote without install.
ugh!

The H-pipe sounds like a good alternative, but i have heard from an indy shop to put in an x-pipe instead for a better european sound.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I find the drone with the Miltek cat back is mainly in rpms less than 2500. I am usually above 2500 rpm and really do not notice any drone above that.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by titanium08
"RS4 power" on audizine has a capristo exhaust that he raves about...lots of threads on it. I am about to pull the trigger and get it, but still haven't heard it in person. Many people have confirmed that there is little to no drone with the capristo....but mega bucks; almost 5k with remote without install.
ugh!

The H-pipe sounds like a good alternative, but i have heard from an indy shop to put in an x-pipe instead for a better european sound.
If you are willing to spend that kind of money, just get the Tubi (get the standard one, not the "rumore" or whatever the loud one is). I promise you will love it. I have had people follow me into stores or restaurants to ask about it. And my wife thought nothing of it - no drone.

You'd be able to sell it in a heartbeat used to.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well if it's anything like the Tubi I had on my E39 M5, which was one of the first in this country as I picked it up myself from the fantastic people at Tubi USA in Holland, MI, that exhaust was the highest quality, best fitting, and by far the best sounding car exhaust I've ever seen/heard/touched/worked with. Like you said, people would stalk (follow) me to my destination just to ask questions. I would go so far as to say that it was, at times, embarrassing.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by titanium08
ugh!

Absolutely no drone with capristo.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

tubi those anyone have the website address or company rep in the states for tubi exhaust? is that a nickname or the actual name? sorry for being so naive but I'm very interested in getting the best exhaust for my RS4 and don't have all the insights. thanks! you guys have being a great help. maybe someday i'll meet some of you on the track or at a meet.

Quick Reply: RS4 exhaust?