RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 Hats

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G35Dalf
I would have made an offer for the hat alone... lol.

$1k from Alex? When did you buy?
The best offer I could get was a couple of months ago - the new facelift with RS4 badge and harness: $1,500. If you include shipping and customs/excise tax plus conversion to Canadian, it's very close to $2,000.

I'm now looking at one on eBay for about $900 but I'm a little leery of it. It's not plug and play like Alex's so I'm doing my homework on what's needed to make it work - probably just rewiring. If I could get one from Alex for $1k, I'd do it...

Could you post some pics please? I'd love to see what your steering wheel looks like.
I really wanted what he's offering but $2k is a big dent for a wheel.
Thanks Datadatum. :-)
I got it during Alex's group buy. I'd have to look up the exact price... probably something like $1200 when all was said and done.

Here is a Flickr album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9721395...7635332317561/

(Note: I'm a Flick noobie, so crossing fingers that this works).

Those should be good enough to give you a feel for the change in size, appearance, and texture. Note that the black leather is just a shade lighter than the stock color.

Originally Posted by Reggie
Question: is there a market for our older RS4 steering wheels? I'm thinking older A4's would like it?

I've completely thread-jacked my own thread...
Only the B7 A4s can use it. not the B6. I still have mine from the change to a flat bottom TTRS wheel
I've seen people sell original RS4 wheels for 3-400 on Audizine. You can search ebay and see that the airbag alone is worth over $200.

For now, I'm keeping my stock wheel. My wife takes a pragmatic approach and reminds me of the piles of car parts I have kept for no apparent reason. Call me a pack rat. LOL
Old 09-02-2013, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes you did highjack your own thread.

The last two flat-bottom steering wheels I bought were from ebay and sold for under $1000 (lightly used). The Euro wheel looked gorgeous but I missed the volume control which I use constantly. I really, really like the TTRS wheel. Alex can furnish the appropriate wiring harness at a modest cost.

Don't forget you have to reprogram the new wheel with vag-com.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
Yes you did highjack your own thread.

The last two flat-bottom steering wheels I bought were from ebay and sold for under $1000 (lightly used). The Euro wheel looked gorgeous but I missed the volume control which I use constantly. I really, really like the TTRS wheel. Alex can furnish the appropriate wiring harness at a modest cost.

The Euro wheel would look great with the brushed aluminum in my car but I don't want it because of the missing volume control.

D@mn. Don't have the vagcom cable.

Thanks for the info Elevens
Old 09-02-2013, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Datadatum

Here is a Flickr album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9721395...7635332317561/

Those should be good enough to give you a feel for the change in size, appearance, and texture. Note that the black leather is just a shade lighter than the stock color.
Great pics - I know exactly how it'll look - thanks. That's the one Alex was selling for $1,500.

So either I wait for a group buy for the facelift version, or pick up the older version from eBay (which still looks great and hope just needs some wiring).

I'm gonna' try the eBay one. If I sell my older wheel, it won't be so bad cost-wise.
Thanks all.
I'll open a new thread and let you know the results.

BTW, here's the eBay one...
Attached Images  

Last edited by G35Dalf; 09-02-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I did not have to reprogram mine. It was plug and play.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great pics - I know exactly how it'll look - thanks. That's the one Alex was selling for $1,500.

So either I wait for a group buy for the facelift version, or pick up the older version from eBay (which still looks great and hope just needs some wiring).

I'm gonna' try the eBay one. If I sell my older wheel, it won't be so bad cost-wise.
Thanks all.
I'll open a new thread and let you know the results.

BTW, here's the eBay one...
Glad the pics helped! I think the wheel looks great, although I admit that I prefer a round wheel for spirited driving... and imagine I would want a stock wheel for autocross. Perhaps the FBSW is great when your steering ratio is F1-like!

BTW - eBay wheel looks great! I like the thinner spokes of the facelift B8 wheel, but that one does look very nice...
Old 09-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh - and now back to the regularly scheduled programs about HATS. LOL
Old 09-02-2013, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Datadatum
I did not have to reprogram mine. It was plug and play.
Because it came through Alex. That's one of the things he guarantees, plus having the correct air bag and knowing that it will work when in an accident. For me, it doesn't equate to $2k though.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Whether it needs vag-com reprogramming has nothing to do with whom you buy the wheel from. It depends on which flat bottom steering wheel you buy.. The Euro wheel will need vag-com programming because it's different hardware (different buttons doing different things).. The TTRS wheel doesn't need re-programming because the buttons function exactly the same as the factory wheel.

Last edited by ELEVENS; 09-02-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Whether it needs vag-com reprogramming has nothing to do with whom you buy the wheel from. It depends on which flat bottom steering wheel you buy.. The Euro wheel will need vag-com programming because it's different hardware (different buttons doing different things).. The TTRS wheel doesn't need re-programming because the buttons function exactly the same as the factory wheel.
Totally agree. But no matter what you buy through Alex, it's guaranteed to be plug and play.

For those looking for more info:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ing-wheel-fits

Last edited by G35Dalf; 09-03-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: RS4 Hats