RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 - Intake manifold spacer and removal of port dividers

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RS4 - Intake manifold spacer and removal of port dividers

Hello All,

Would please like some insight from others who have installed intake manifold spacer and removed the port dividers.

About to get a carbon cleaning and trying to decide if I should also install the spaces and remove the port dividers. I have spoke to some local performance shops in and around my area as well as an Audi shop forman about it as well. My hesitation is that some of these individuals are advising me against doing so. Because they say either it won’t make any noticeable difference at all during normal or spirited driving and only useful if the car is tracked. Or that you will cause a loss of low end TQ and HP to gain some on the top end. Which is absolutely not what I want at all. Any real world experience and insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance.
Old 05-07-2023, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I had the spacer, uninstalled and still in box, and sold it because I was not about to lose the dividers for a little cooler intake manifold temp. You also have to bend your fuel rail a little to accommodate for the spacer. Not a big deal but my car is so stock, engine wise, I want to keep it that way.