AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Like everyone said the V8 M3 will beat the RS - but I must add except in snow

So don't do any pink slip runs with him
Old 01-25-2012, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy a faster car

Sorry, what I mean by that it the RS4 is a great car. But it's not a car that can eat bigger fish easily like, let's say, an Evo.

So, enjoy the RS4 for what it is
Old 01-25-2012, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Why would we want to buy a new Evo over an RS4? Most of us are over 20 years old. And since when does the new 2012 Evo do the 1/4 mile faster than an 07 RS4?

Seriously though, speed is all relative. If any one of us were worried about having the fastest cars on the street we would all drive twin turbo vettes or IS300's with 1000hp Supra motors (or 100 other cars that could run 10's). You'll never have the fastest car on the street becuase there is always some ******* who has a 1500hp supra or a twin turbo Lambo.

I knew damn well when I bought my car that I couldn't hang with the c63 or the M3 on the highway, and despite having both of those cars within my circle of friends I went for the underdog RS4. After driving all three of these cars I had the biggest smile on my face when I got out of the RS4, this thing just has something special the others don't have. There are 5 M3's (3 v8, 2 v6) that I see every day in my parking garage at work, and I'm the only RS4 within miles.

BTW....you should still run that M3 just to find out for sure
Old 01-25-2012, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah Evos are for kids!! What the heck would I do with that?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RS4Ship
Why would we want to buy a new Evo over an RS4? Most of us are over 20 years old. And since when does the new 2012 Evo do the 1/4 mile faster than an 07 RS4?

Seriously though, speed is all relative. If any one of us were worried about having the fastest cars on the street we would all drive twin turbo vettes or IS300's with 1000hp Supra motors (or 100 other cars that could run 10's). You'll never have the fastest car on the street becuase there is always some ******* who has a 1500hp supra or a twin turbo Lambo.

I knew damn well when I bought my car that I couldn't hang with the c63 or the M3 on the highway, and despite having both of those cars within my circle of friends I went for the underdog RS4. After driving all three of these cars I had the biggest smile on my face when I got out of the RS4, this thing just has something special the others don't have. There are 5 M3's (3 v8, 2 v6) that I see every day in my parking garage at work, and I'm the only RS4 within miles.

Agreed on all points....yeah I haven't seen that guy at the gym with the M3, but I will make sure I let you guys know if I see him again and how it turns out...
Old 01-25-2012, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RS4Ship

Whoa. Slow down there turbo. The RS4 is a great car. I am looking to pick one up as a DD here soon, which is why I joined the forum. My point was that the RS4 is not a great bang-for-buck car with regards to modding to make fast. The Evo (per my example) is a great bang for buck car. So is a Corvette. But Corvettes make me gag. So, I mentioned the Evo.

And who said anything about what model year Evo? That was all you. And you really think only 20 year olds drive Evos? Is that some kind of Euro-superiority thing? I am having a hard time trying to figure it out.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by BADRS4
Yeah Evos are for kids!! What the heck would I do with that?
Ok LOL. Think whatever you'd like to think.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

I couldn't imagine being in a corporate environment with an Evo, but I'm sure folks do it. Fun car though. All I know is that you can bring your EVO or your M3, meet me at Summit Point March 17 and 18th and get dominated like the rest!!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gibsonl
I couldn't imagine being in a corporate environment with an Evo, but I'm sure folks do it. Fun car though. All I know is that you can bring your EVO or your M3, meet me at Summit Point March 17 and 18th and get dominated like the rest!!
I'm about as anti-corporate and anti-suit as a person can get, short of piercings, tattoos and blue-colored hair.

I'm a forced induction fan, but the RS4 is a great car and I think it has me won over.

Unfortunately, Summit Point is too far from Los Angeles. Have fun though
Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MIL.SPEC
Whoa. Slow down there turbo. The RS4 is a great car. I am looking to pick one up as a DD here soon, which is why I joined the forum. My point was that the RS4 is not a great bang-for-buck car with regards to modding to make fast. The Evo (per my example) is a great bang for buck car. So is a Corvette. But Corvettes make me gag. So, I mentioned the Evo.

And who said anything about what model year Evo? That was all you. And you really think only 20 year olds drive Evos? Is that some kind of Euro-superiority thing? I am having a hard time trying to figure it out.
ya I don't know what the 2012 part was about, haha. Evo's are fun cars, I was just messing with you.

You'll love the RS4 as a DD, I couldn't think of a better car to get into every morning (which is why I bought it). As far as "bang for your buck", I agree...buy an Evo...hell...buy this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCn2bxl0tDE

Quick Reply: RS4 vs. M3