RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Seat mysteries

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat mysteries

Hey all,

I've searched through the forum and found all the seat memory postings but I am still a bit confounded. Just started playing with the settings and gadgets in my new 07. Here are the questions since now I think my seat memory has the busticated function.

1. When setting the seat memory up, I read the manual and now the posts and here is what is happening/not working for me

- I sit in the car, start it up.
- I press the memory button in, holding it down for 1-2 secs.
- While continuing to hold the memory button in I press the position #1 in for a few seconds.
- Let both go.

Result = if I move the seat/mirrors around and then press the #1 memory button it moves the seat position for the base to what I think is the right position. But the rear of the seat starts moving forward towards the steering wheel and keeps going.

I read that the stop button needs to be engaged (lit) on the posts here, I tried that and got the same result.

2. Wife drives the car as well otherwise I wouldn't be too worried about the function. She says that she did it per the manual, and while the music was playing via the radio it turn the volume down, and beeped like it acknowledged her setting position #2.

- For those who normally have this working is the beep thing legit because I could not recreate it.

- Do I need to clear the keys or something? This was a used car 2k miles but still not straight from the factory so perhaps something leftover from prior owner and that is overriding the settings?

- Last thing, for those who have the broken condition is the moving forward of the seat back when you press the button the issue?

Thanks for any help/info.

Steve
Old 01-22-2008, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

It sounds like you need a new control module. I just set mine Sat. night. No problems with seatback.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:42 PM

Default Re: It sounds like you need a new control module. I just set mine Sat. night. No problems with seatb

So if you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you set yours. Did you need to press the Stop button in so it was lit? Did you get any type of confirmation (beep, light etc) for it taking the setting or is it just a matter of pressing memory and holding it down for a few seconds then holding down a # for another second and it just works?

Thanks,
Steve

Also can anyone confirm that the bad module symptom is only half of the seat memory working, but the seatback tilts all the way forward on any memory setting?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Had the same problem.

You are not doing it wrong, when it is working right it is easy. You have the same problem I did (it would ram you into the wheel).
They changed the control module first, but that didn't work. Ended up reprogramming something, and they had to talk to Audi (in Germany) to figure it out. By now, there may be more info. Take it to the dealer and have them check.

Works great now.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:27 AM

Default I cleared memory like it said in the manual and then reset and it's been working fine for me.

I think I had the same thing happening when I picked up my ride. So I cleared and reset.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I did not need to press the Stop button at all. Just pressed the Memo button and held it, then

pressed the 1 button and held them both for about 5 seconds. If you listen real closely you can actually hear a click sound after about 3 seconds. That's it. Nothing to it. Hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:01 PM

Default Re: I cleared memory like it said in the manual and then reset and it's been working fine for me.

I couldn't find a general seat clearing direction in the manual, only references to clearing key bindings to positions. How did you clear it? or could ya point me to where it is in the manual?

Thanks
Steve
Old 01-23-2008, 03:22 PM

Sorry about that .... after the re-read on pages 102-104 I did the key before starting the process