RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

To those that have purchased a used rs4

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See attached photos..

I'm sure they did a great job repairing it.. but if someone is going to pay a premium I figured they'd want to know.

Originally Posted by lbcaudi
It's the same car.. I have pictures of it with a crunched front bumper and some other parts.

Not sure why it is not on the carfax but the front was definitely crunched and repaired.
Attached Images   
Old 04-16-2009, 11:15 AM

Yikes! And I wonder if the paint match is decent enough, this is one tough color to match! There are examples of Ibis White cars that have gotten a respray and the bumper color looks way off!

Things often don't show up on carfax especially when handled outside of an insurance claim. If the repair was paid out of pocket and at a small shop without any insurance adjuster filing a report, it won't show up on any carfax. In fact, the selling dealer may not know.

Call me ****, but anytime I inspect a used car (whether for myself or friend) I bring a paint thickness measurement device (called a micronometer IIRC) which measures the thickness of the paint at all body panels... You can gauge that way if there was some aftermarket respraying...
Old 04-16-2009, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am no sure even if it goes through insurance it would show up in Carfax.
Was it hit both in the front and the back? I am suspecting solo spin-out.

Cheers

Nick
Old 04-16-2009, 08:43 PM

Front only.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

It seems to be on sale by the owner.
It shows that someone did make an offer.
I wonder if they are a member here.

Last edited by titsataki; 04-17-2009 at 05:11 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Purchased my 2007 RS4 a few weeks ago for $48,000. It had 3,900 miles and the owner said he only drove it on sundays around town. He said he never even took it on the highway (which i found a little strange). Carfax was perfect, previous owner was fantastically nice. There isn't one scratch on the car. I consider the car basically brand new and I'm suprised he lost about 25-30k on the car. It is fully loaded with the titanium package, nav, premium package etc. I'm absolutely astonished at how little he sold that car for.

It certainly is a buyers market nowadays. This is the perfect time to look into a used rs. Price is going way down and quality is going up.

(P.S. Be careful, I saw an RS4 in phantom black listed on autotrader that was missing his two front doors for 56k.)
Old 06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

i thought that the titanium package was only available on 08's...maybe you got an 08 not an 07 which would be even better!! love to see some pix...
Old 06-09-2009, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

this is what I thought as well. Titanium package was available in 08.
If you did get an 08 with 3,900 for $48k I call an excellent deal.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have to apologize. I mistyped. It has the aluminum package/trim. My mistake
Old 06-16-2009, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tekk
I purchased a used 2007 w/ 11k miles for $43k. It also had HRE wheels, Stasis Ohlin suspension, Hotchkis sways, GMG exhaust, and according to the dealer and aftermarket clutch. I was lucky and purchased it from a BMW dealership who obviously didn't know much about the car and they simply wanted to get rid of it. Clean car-fax, clean dealer check so I couldn't pass it up. I got mine back in late January and its been absolutely amazing. I came from a 2006 Volvo S60R, which in its own right was an amazing car. I ended up selling it to a relative which worked out nicely so I still get to see the old Swedish brick from time to time I must say the S60R seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat it.

The RS4 though is really an amazing car and I've received nothing but compliments from other folks on the road (especially about the exhaust). Power, beauty, handling, luxury.....it fit my requirements perfectly and again with all those upgrades it was a **** steal!
If you think the S60R were comfy, you should try SAAB. Former 2006 S60R owner, and on my second SAAB, a Turbo X now.

Quick Reply: To those that have purchased a used rs4