RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Used RS4 buyers

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are the guy that beat me to that car. That was a good price but I ended up with the same car w/ 16K miles on it and CPO from NYC four weeks later.

I was bummed at first when you got there before me but am happy with the car I got in NYC.

Originally Posted by tadhgbrosnan
2008 w/ 26,800 miles, black leather, CF trim, fully loaded. Got it from Classic Audi in Westchester, NY. I was scouring Autotrader & Cars.com for two weeks after I sold my car on September 4th. Every day, just hammering those sites and watching for new listings. I was getting really, really antsy. Almost bought a black 2008 E90 M3 from a guy in Indiana. I was *this* close but the distance was just too much to deal with for me. On the morning of the 14th this car popped up on Autotrader only showing year, mileage, and price. No color, no pics. Price was right, so I called as soon as they opened at 9am. Car had been traded in the day before. Even though Daytona was not in my Top 5 Colors, I put a deposit down w/o even seeing it. One owner 2008 car, low miles, a bit of warranty (June 2012), great price, and close to home so that far outweighed the less-than-desirable color. The bank took their sweet time releasing the title so I had to wait until the 22nd to fly down to JFK, and hop a train out to Westchester to take ownership. Drive home was awesome. Other than a good scrape on the rear bumper, the car is in pristine condition. Interior looks & smells factory fresh. Previous owner also had all -season Conti DWS tires on it but I am fine with that until the spring. I'll put proper summer treads on then. Euro steering wheel arrives in today's mail and that will be it for a while. I had planned to do exhaust immediately but I actually love the boom-free stock system for now. A bit quiet but it sounds so clean and exotic.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I live outside Boston and flew to NYC for mine.
i called about that car! must have been right after you bought it.

ended up buying a mugello blue from florida. really wanted sprint blue but the one i test drove was beat to hell, and was repainted several times.

where are you outside of boston? i live in town
Old 10-18-2011, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jjm4life
i called about that car! must have been right after you bought it.

ended up buying a mugello blue from florida. really wanted sprint blue but the one i test drove was beat to hell, and was repainted several times.

where are you outside of boston? i live in town
I live in Whitman & work in greater Boston. I put a deposit on that car immediately. Wasn't gonna let it slip away. I'm sure you noticed that RS4s do NOT last long in the New England area. Love Mugello,btw. Silver nappa?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Misano would be my first choice, followed by white. After that, either of the blues, then Avus or black. Daytona slides in ahead of Imola. Of the approximately 96 RS4s in my state right now, the vast majority are Daytona.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
And conversely, that is the exact reason why I canceled my Sprint Blue order and changed it to Daytona Gray. I hate to drive "Hey! Look-at-me!" cars. The bright ones are pretty to look at though, just prefer not to drive one daily.
I thought the same thing before I saw my sprint blue in person....the pics on the computer are totally deceiving....in person, its a BEAUTIFUL color! I put a deposit on it before I actually saw it in person..once I saw it..it was all LOVE...the car is wonderful..and just not too much at all...and "knock on wood" I've never been pulled over yet...or had any problems...people just compliment me on the color wherever I go...
Old 10-18-2011, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I live in Whitman & work in greater Boston. I put a deposit on that car immediately. Wasn't gonna let it slip away. I'm sure you noticed that RS4s do NOT last long in the New England area. Love Mugello,btw. Silver nappa?
i dont blame you for jumping on it. yup mugello over silver nappa. very happy with it.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BADRS4
I thought the same thing before I saw my sprint blue in person....the pics on the computer are totally deceiving....in person, its a BEAUTIFUL color! I put a deposit on it before I actually saw it in person..once I saw it..it was all LOVE...the car is wonderful..and just not too much at all...and "knock on wood" I've never been pulled over yet...or had any problems...people just compliment me on the color wherever I go...
Yes, Nogaro & Sprint will garner attention everywhere you go. Young, old, male, female, doesn't matter; that bright blue catches your eye immediately. It's an awesome color on these cars.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Banned

Misano would be my first choice, followed by white. After that, either of the blues, then Avus or black. Daytona slides in ahead of Imola. Of the approximately 96 RS4s in my state right now, the vast majority are Daytona.
I think it's (nationwide) 30% black, 25% Daytona, 15% Avus.

They all look great to be honest. Not a bad colour in the bunch.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I know of a 2008 RS4 Cab in Ibis/Black (special order vehicle) w/ 11k miles, Audicare and Audi Platinum Plus warranty to 79k miles or 12/2017. Drop me a line if interested.