RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

VF Engineering/AWE Supercharger for the B6/B7 platform on its way...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I asked about that specific thing while speaking with Jeff and he said that they had no issues

Perhaps you are thinking of another company? as far as the type of products they put out I am sorry but I'll take stuff provided from AWE/GIAC anyday over MTM. Once the software was properly tuned the by GIAC, the AWE stage 3 kit became the standard kit for stability and reliability as while providing one of the highest outputs. MTM has appeared flaky to me. They seem to loose interest on a platform rather quickly. Perhaps this is why they have yet to release an working SC kit.

AS far as a software upgrade is concerned it is the concensus among the tuners that the RS4 is pretty much maxed out software wise and there is not a whole lot to be squeezed out of it. One of the tuners mentioned that there are already 20 some odd maps on the chip to begin with. Who is going to notice an extra 10-20hp on a 400hp car, much less be willing to pay for it?
Old 03-08-2008, 11:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

you're worthless and weak.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard two weeks.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

nice rubber bullets
Old 03-09-2008, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Who is going to notice an extra 10-20hp on a 400hp car, much less be willing to pay for it?

Anyone who buys an exhaust?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You may not even get the 10-20hp with the exhaust but you can try to get the sound you want
Old 03-09-2008, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default VF sucks??!!

Nik@VF is a scumbag -- he's ripped-off tons of Volkswagen R32 people lately and needs to pull his head out of his ***.

I lost like $10,000 with one of his kits and almost missed my entire track-season thanks to him saying "oh we have a solution coming out in just 2 weeks, don't worry" -- I finally pulled the plug after *six months* of seized superchargers and bits of impeller blade in my intake/engine/oil-pump... and <b>to this day</b> almost 14 months later, many of those 28 cars still aren't running properly.

So yeah... VF's crap on my car again? I'll pass. Pretty much everything they've ever sold me has had some sort of catastrophic failure, whether by coincidence (thanks to their excellent customer service and R&amp;D... *puke*) or from letting me be a "guinea-pig" for them behind my own back yet charging me full price and being jackasses on the phone.

Seriously, Nik has no regrets in releasing a product that "works for them" into the world and then b.s.es everyone by saying they have great customer service... in reality it's the customers that keep them in business through their blood, sweat, and tears in indirectly being their test-dummies and covering all of the labor and towing expenses they're now locked-into with a car they're still making payment on (sometimes), a kit they've saved up for and can't afford to get out of, or expensive attorney costs to do something about it... among other situations.

I could afford to change platforms, and lucky for me I got out of it. (this is still going-on to this day) I hope anyone considering buying their crap will see this because there are plenty of disgruntled customers out there that can't say anything for fear (and threat!) of losing their warranties or customer-service, if you can even call them that.

Lame. Super lame. Stay away... you don't want this crap on your vehicle.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not calling you a liar, but its hard to believe that AWE/Torque Factory/GIAC would partner up with

scumbags. These guys have been around for a long time serving the Audi/porsche VW community. In all honesty I had never heard of VF before until recently. I know Jeff Moss for a long time personally and know that he is almost to a fault detail oriented and would not put any crap on a car much less anything that would blow up. Maybe thats why they have hired him to try to avoid the problems they had in the past with the products that they had developed?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yes, but these 2 weeks are based on "Biblical days"

<ul><li><a href="http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth/longdays.html">http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth/longdays.html</a</li></ul>
Old 03-10-2008, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

lol, i think youre right, I sold my b6s4 after waiting a year on peoples 2 weeks for a scharger

Quick Reply: VF Engineering/AWE Supercharger for the B6/B7 platform on its way...