RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

VF RS4 supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXACTLY - IF YOU READ 3 lines down, it states the owner of the company emailed me to confirm

that they are manufacturing for the RS4. I didn't believe it either, so I emailed him and got a response. That's all I know. Tell them to change the literature if it bothers ya.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default id do it for 10 grand cash out the door installed. email me VF, im in malibu. by the way do you get

any wheel hop or chatter of any kind during hard cornering with your KWs? im trying to make a choice between KWS or stasis. and im not bias just want to get some thing resonable to do what i need it to do.
thanks.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Also with your V3s, do you need to take your wheels off to adjust rebound & Compression?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default clearly if he expects the same bits to be plug-and-play into the RS4

he's kidding himself, and you

unless he's just referring to the pricing being the same, despite the differences in hardware. you're not giving us much info to go on here...
Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

(I'll add to your original post on this)
Old 12-23-2008, 10:07 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I wouldn't think they'd be the same between an FSI motor and non-FSI motor...

but I've been wrong before
Old 12-24-2008, 01:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Let's be clear on the readiness of the PES supercharger kit...

It's nowhere near even being complete for the S4. The kit was mocked up for fitment and sent off to be manufactured. When the final casting comes back it will be installed and started up. Then it will be tuned. They should have it back in Jan/Feb and they expect the tuning to be complete by March. I believe that to be optimistic, but these are their stated goals. If the final unit hasn't even been installed on a car......... Look how long it took VF Engineering to finish development on the S4 supercharger which STILL hasn't reached market.

That said, if the S4 supercharger hasn't even been completed yet, the RS4 kit is quite a distance from fruition. It still remains to be seen if they will make the S4 kit work.

They are a competent tuner and I have no doubt that they will get this running well but as of today, their kit is incomplete.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Gotta love automodding economics....

For the same supercharger unit we will charge you $6,000 more than the S4 kit. Why? Because your car costs more so you can obviously afford it.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Hey, be happy there might be another option out there. On top of that it may be cheaper. Why be

pessimistic about it? Why would you jump to the conclusion that he is kidding himself or any potential clients? Do you know something we don't? ESFO stated that they are a competent tuner. Be excited that there may be another option for a supercharger.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I am asbolutely excited as I would love the Audi V8s to finally get the forced induction they

have deserved all along.

And, if I win the RS4 (fingers crossed) and decide to keep it at the end of the lease, you better believe it's going to get some sort of forced induction.

That being said, I have a ton of respect for companies like VF/GIAC (specifically for the people working on this @ VF) and ASP and we all have seen how long it's taken for them to create a viable option for the non-FSI V8s, and it's apparently not an easy transition from those to the FSI V8 in the RS4... so I'm more of a skeptic than pessimist, both here and in life in general

Quick Reply: VF RS4 supercharger