Default VF-Supercharged S4 and RS4 video

Please enjoy!

RS4 Video ===========> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f--J4p6N_jM

S4 Video ===========> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdOhH3Dy57c
Old 08-29-2010, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOW

That RS 4 sounds sick (so does the S4). I wonder the the 0-60 and 1/4 times are w/ the VF supercharger? Makes me think of some upgrades for my baby...

Originally Posted by 1FastRS4
Please enjoy!

RS4 Video ===========> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f--J4p6N_jM

S4 Video ===========> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdOhH3Dy57c
Old 08-30-2010, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice - can't be cheap though
Old 08-31-2010, 09:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It isn't, and the M90 based systems are not optimal for our engines.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RS4bro
That RS 4 sounds sick (so does the S4). I wonder the the 0-60 and 1/4 times are w/ the VF supercharger? Makes me think of some upgrades for my baby...
good luck getting any quantitative performance data out of VF...or 1fastS4...or anyone related to VF (or PES who play the same dyno+subjective reviews game while avoiding real performance tests).

incidentally, 1fastS4 is not an individual, but rather has business ties to VF engineering. VF has chosen to compensate a select group of S4/RS4 owners to surruptitiously spam the forums under the guise of being 'impartial' owners, while they hide their ties to VF.

This is because we know the kits are a fail, and won't perform up to the radical claims of hp/tq that VF has made. If VF sets foot on the forums on their own, they'll be asked hard questions they can't answer...so they have gone silent and are conspicuously absent dating back to December 2009 (yes). That was when they promised 1/4 mile times for the S4 kit...then took that white B6 S4 in the video to the strip...and it flopped. They buried the results (but it's out there if you know where to look .)

Last edited by sakimano; 08-31-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wanted to add my comments concerning the audi 4.2 and eaton m90 supercharger modifications as they provide a performance upgrade that is felt, measurable and enjoyed but these modifications will not make the car perform like many other performance cars with mod's. First I'm not related to either PES or VF but I did have the PES m90 mod done to my 2002 S6. This can be verified by the performance shop that performed the upgrade, GRD Genesis Racing and Development, Iran Khan email Irfan@grdtuning.com

Background on my car:
- owned since new
- 77,000 miles
- no major issues for the life of the car
- The audi 4.2 340hp engine has always been an overall poor performer if you look at the hp, it lacked torque across the rpm range. This combined with 4 wheel drive and heavy weight meant the car was fairly slow but I have enjoyed the car for it's touring, carrying and security in bad weather.

Service and Modifications done to the car recently:
- first major service ( timing belt, water pump, plugs, thermostat, replace trans oil ...)
- replaced brakes rotors/pad - stock
- miltek high flow cats and resonated exhaust
- Tiptronics IPT Modified Valve Body
- PES G4 Stage 1 - no intercooler
- RNS-e Nav system

Results
- car dynoed on dynpack 4 wheel, PES states a 75HP increase and that's what I dynoed out factoring correction. I can email dyno if you're interested. Initial HP at wheel 256.8 after mod 311.6 or 54.8 HP, if the original car was 340 then the modification resulted in a 75 HP increase. I was a little disappointed since I had also added the high flow cats and exhaust but it was what PES said I was going to get so that's hard to argue with.
- I don't track the car but using my VAG (VCDS) I measured a reduction in 0-60 and 1/4 mile time of 1 - 1.5 seconds. Driving the car away from a stop I now get 0-60 of 5.1 - 5.3 and 1/4 13.2 - 13.4, prior 0-60 6.5 - 6.7, 1/4 14.4 - 14.7 so you can feel the difference. These are not great numbers and I know it but it made a difference to a car I liked.

Comments
- overall kit is well made
- I've enjoyed driving the car now that the major issues were corrected but the issues took more time to correct than I wanted and I wasn't happy about that
- The PES kit installed is the lowest HP available, other kits claim much higher HP but I can't confirm.
- problem areas - vacuum leaks, idle issues, CEL's, horrible gas mileage, high shift levels, power loss on shift. Fixed vacuum line issue, replaced a couple of items - MAF (made no difference) and post O2 sensor, O2 not original equipment and failed within two weeks, finally replaced both post O2 sensors with new audi orginal, idle, shifting, gas mileage,CEL fixed and state emissions test passed
- GRD really worked to get the car running correctly and I'd recommend them
- turnaround time (if you get it) for support from PES takes weeks and multiple calls, I believe they're understaffed and have more issues than they can resolve. I believe they are spending more time on their higher cost products like the RS4 and R8 products both cost 2-4 times as much as the S6 G4.
- current issue that just started power loss on shift during hot weather, haven't started to research yet but I'm looking at vacuum lines again
- these upgrades are not cheap and you'd be better off with a number of other brands to increase hp at a much lower cost but if you want a V8 audi this is really the only way to do it. You will spend a lot less money for cars that start out factory turbo/supercharged.
- I'd rather have the eaton tvs instead of the older m90 but that's not available and I'm not sure anyone is going to spend the research money to change out the m90
- question - would I do it again? Ask me in another couple of years.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Sakimano...thanks

Whether this forum, AZ or others; you are a good source of info. Is there any supercharger out there worth its salt for the RS 4?

Originally Posted by sakimano
good luck getting any quantitative performance data out of VF...or 1fastS4...or anyone related to VF (or PES who play the same dyno+subjective reviews game while avoiding real performance tests).

incidentally, 1fastS4 is not an individual, but rather has business ties to VF engineering. VF has chosen to compensate a select group of S4/RS4 owners to surruptitiously spam the forums under the guise of being 'impartial' owners, while they hide their ties to VF.

This is because we know the kits are a fail, and won't perform up to the radical claims of hp/tq that VF has made. If VF sets foot on the forums on their own, they'll be asked hard questions they can't answer...so they have gone silent and are conspicuously absent dating back to December 2009 (yes). That was when they promised 1/4 mile times for the S4 kit...then took that white B6 S4 in the video to the strip...and it flopped. They buried the results (but it's out there if you know where to look .)
Old 09-01-2010, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks tmoe

I appreciate your candid feeback. Sounds like I may have to wait a while (which is fine to me) until someone has a reliable system.

Originally Posted by tmoe
I wanted to add my comments concerning the audi 4.2 and eaton m90 supercharger modifications as they provide a performance upgrade that is felt, measurable and enjoyed but these modifications will not make the car perform like many other performance cars with mod's. First I'm not related to either PES or VF but I did have the PES m90 mod done to my 2002 S6. This can be verified by the performance shop that performed the upgrade, GRD Genesis Racing and Development, Iran Khan email Irfan@grdtuning.com

Background on my car:
- owned since new
- 77,000 miles
- no major issues for the life of the car
- The audi 4.2 340hp engine has always been an overall poor performer if you look at the hp, it lacked torque across the rpm range. This combined with 4 wheel drive and heavy weight meant the car was fairly slow but I have enjoyed the car for it's touring, carrying and security in bad weather.

Service and Modifications done to the car recently:
- first major service ( timing belt, water pump, plugs, thermostat, replace trans oil ...)
- replaced brakes rotors/pad - stock
- miltek high flow cats and resonated exhaust
- Tiptronics IPT Modified Valve Body
- PES G4 Stage 1 - no intercooler
- RNS-e Nav system

Results
- car dynoed on dynpack 4 wheel, PES states a 75HP increase and that's what I dynoed out factoring correction. I can email dyno if you're interested. Initial HP at wheel 256.8 after mod 311.6 or 54.8 HP, if the original car was 340 then the modification resulted in a 75 HP increase. I was a little disappointed since I had also added the high flow cats and exhaust but it was what PES said I was going to get so that's hard to argue with.
- I don't track the car but using my VAG (VCDS) I measured a reduction in 0-60 and 1/4 mile time of 1 - 1.5 seconds. Driving the car away from a stop I now get 0-60 of 5.1 - 5.3 and 1/4 13.2 - 13.4, prior 0-60 6.5 - 6.7, 1/4 14.4 - 14.7 so you can feel the difference. These are not great numbers and I know it but it made a difference to a car I liked.

Comments
- overall kit is well made
- I've enjoyed driving the car now that the major issues were corrected but the issues took more time to correct than I wanted and I wasn't happy about that
- The PES kit installed is the lowest HP available, other kits claim much higher HP but I can't confirm.
- problem areas - vacuum leaks, idle issues, CEL's, horrible gas mileage, high shift levels, power loss on shift. Fixed vacuum line issue, replaced a couple of items - MAF (made no difference) and post O2 sensor, O2 not original equipment and failed within two weeks, finally replaced both post O2 sensors with new audi orginal, idle, shifting, gas mileage,CEL fixed and state emissions test passed
- GRD really worked to get the car running correctly and I'd recommend them
- turnaround time (if you get it) for support from PES takes weeks and multiple calls, I believe they're understaffed and have more issues than they can resolve. I believe they are spending more time on their higher cost products like the RS4 and R8 products both cost 2-4 times as much as the S6 G4.
- current issue that just started power loss on shift during hot weather, haven't started to research yet but I'm looking at vacuum lines again
- these upgrades are not cheap and you'd be better off with a number of other brands to increase hp at a much lower cost but if you want a V8 audi this is really the only way to do it. You will spend a lot less money for cars that start out factory turbo/supercharged.
- I'd rather have the eaton tvs instead of the older m90 but that's not available and I'm not sure anyone is going to spend the research money to change out the m90
- question - would I do it again? Ask me in another couple of years.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Whether this forum, AZ or others; you are a good source of info. Is there any supercharger out there worth its salt for the RS 4?
APR is coming out soon, should be worth the wait and around 15K IIRC. MTM has always had a great system it just costs 25K....
Old 09-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Banned

let's look at all the offerings

VF - uses the M90. Good for (really) about 60hp. Maybe a few more...maybe a few less. Not WHP. Crank.

PES - uses the M90. See above! quarter mile timed M90 SC RS4s have yet to be below 12.60...or in other words about 0.2-0.4 below stock.

APR - will use a TVS1320 supercharger. Awesome line the TVS products, however this one is not exactly big. I'm really unsure how it will go to be honest. Perspective? Audi think it's a great supercharger, but they use it on a 3.0L V6. APR appears ready to charge around $18,000 for the kit FTR. That's pretty frigging steep. Still in development.

MTM - legitimate gains, great hardware, but the costs are pretty massive. Used to be around $50,000. I think it's a bit lower now...still pretty stiff. Comes with all kinds of stuff like wheels etc but I'm sure you could negotiate for just a charger

So...there are 4 units out there...3 for sale, 1 in development.

BUT! There's a new player stepping up. The greatest tuning company in the 4.2 S4 game, JHM, has just bought an RS4 to use as their in house shop car for RS4 product development. They have hinted they will add their supercharger to the RS4 suite of products they'll offer.

For the record, JHM has recently announced a B6/7 S4 supercharger as well...and their kit with full exhaust ran 12.2@119mph in 80 degree August heat. i.e. Stage III B5 S4 territory. Compare this to stock of around 13.8@102mph and you see some MASSIVE gains. The car they ran that on had other mods...but when they strapped it to a bone stock TIPTRONIC car, it ran 12.5@113mph in the het...i.e. faster than PES' M90 SC RS4!

Here's JHM's RS4 announcement
http://www.euroaddiction.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3639

Here's a thread discussing the 12.2@119mph B6 S4 JHM SC run
http://www.euroaddiction.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3642

*** the S6 owner above...he may benefit a bit more than an RS4 owner as the VE of the old S6 engine is nowhere near that of the 4.2 FSI engine...so his gains should certainly be better than an RS4. The M90 on the B6/7 S4 drops quarter mile times by about 0.5-0.8 seconds, and add about 7-8 mph. Still nowhere near the supposed 500hp performance they claim to deliver, but significant gains over stock^^^

Last edited by sakimano; 09-03-2010 at 07:47 PM.