RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Winter Driving Vacation with the Audi RS4 at Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Driving Vacation with the Audi RS4 at Switzerland

Here we are in February and the snow is coming down. A few years ago, I tested myself to test drive Audi RS4 in winter at Switzerland. For those of you considering getting an Audi RS 4, forget about making an appointment to test drive this race-bred automobile at your favorite Audi dealer. The best way to test drive this car is to spend serious time in the cockpit crossing three countries connected by twisty, picturesque country roads and of course the Autobahn. My RS4 test drive route covered central and southwest Germany, Austria and Switzerland. There is no better place to experience the RS4 than driving through the Altmuehltal Nature Park, the Bavarian Alps, the Black Forest, and of course the German, Austrian and Swiss Autobahnen. Thanks to a pilot program offered at Audi Forum, Ingolstadt, I was able to realize one of my childhood dreams: driving an Audi race car in its birth place.

This program enables Audi enthusiasts or anyone interested in Audi to experiencing Audi's history, culture, technology, and of course ts products. The program starts with an exciting exploration of the brand at the Audi Forum Ingolstadt, Audi's worldwide headquarters.

First on the agenda is a plant tour, which encompasses the complete production process from the very beginning of metal stamping, chassis and body assembling, engine mating and interior installation, to the final finishing touches of readying the car for delivery. After that comes lunch at the Avus restaurant, and then the piece de resistance: you are handed the keys to an A8W12, RS 6 or RS 4 and invited to experience the thrill of driving a sophisticated, well-mannered and extremely quick automobile through the picturesque German countryside.

The Audi Driver's Day program offers different packages depending on the number of days you would like to drive your dream car and where in Germany you would like to drive. The latest information about the packages can be found at www.audi.com/driver. For my dream driving vacation, I signed up for the Driver's Day combined with the Audi Winter Driving Experience in Seefeld, Austria. I also asked for an extension of my German driving experience past the usual two-day Twists and Turns package.

Read more Behind the Wheel of the RS4, how to master of city streets and snow-covered highways at
http://www.driving-vacation.com/cont...h_the_audi_rs4

For more pictures at http://www.driving-vacation.com/cont...i_Drivers_Day/
and also find out our track at http://audidrivingvacation.com/conte...iving_Vacation

-Andreas_Dharmawan
Attached Images     
Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Wow - very nice
Old 02-08-2013, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Did you buy an Audi?

Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by andreas_dharmawan
Here we are in February and the snow is coming down. A few years ago, I tested myself to test drive Audi RS4 in winter at Switzerland. For those of you considering getting an Audi RS 4, forget about making an appointment to test drive this race-bred automobile at your favorite Audi dealer. The best way to test drive this car is to spend serious time in the cockpit crossing three countries connected by twisty, picturesque country roads and of course the Autobahn. My RS4 test drive route covered central and southwest Germany, Austria and Switzerland. There is no better place to experience the RS4 than driving through the Altmuehltal Nature Park, the Bavarian Alps, the Black Forest, and of course the German, Austrian and Swiss Autobahnen. Thanks to a pilot program offered at Audi Forum, Ingolstadt, I was able to realize one of my childhood dreams: driving an Audi race car in its birth place.

This program enables Audi enthusiasts or anyone interested in Audi to experiencing Audi's history, culture, technology, and of course ts products. The program starts with an exciting exploration of the brand at the Audi Forum Ingolstadt, Audi's worldwide headquarters.

First on the agenda is a plant tour, which encompasses the complete production process from the very beginning of metal stamping, chassis and body assembling, engine mating and interior installation, to the final finishing touches of readying the car for delivery. After that comes lunch at the Avus restaurant, and then the piece de resistance: you are handed the keys to an A8W12, RS 6 or RS 4 and invited to experience the thrill of driving a sophisticated, well-mannered and extremely quick automobile through the picturesque German countryside.

The Audi Driver's Day program offers different packages depending on the number of days you would like to drive your dream car and where in Germany you would like to drive. The latest information about the packages can be found at www.audi.com/driver. For my dream driving vacation, I signed up for the Driver's Day combined with the Audi Winter Driving Experience in Seefeld, Austria. I also asked for an extension of my German driving experience past the usual two-day Twists and Turns package.

Read more Behind the Wheel of the RS4, how to master of city streets and snow-covered highways at
http://www.driving-vacation.com/cont...h_the_audi_rs4

For more pictures at http://www.driving-vacation.com/cont...i_Drivers_Day/
and also find out our track at http://audidrivingvacation.com/conte...iving_Vacation

-Andreas_Dharmawan
Old 02-09-2013, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice, great that you shared it.