S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

2005 New York International Auto Show 1st Review (No pics Yet)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 New York International Auto Show 1st Review (No pics Yet)

This is gonna be long Well here goes...

I come home to my parents house in NY for the weekend, planning to attend the NYIAS. I prepared for it, i got tickets online, asked my sister to borrow her new, powerful digital camera, and planned what time i will arrive there on Sunday (Today).

So sunday came, and i decided to leave for the subway around 1. My brother decided to come with me, so basically after the train, waiting in line for his ticket, we got in at 3pm.

The place was packed... I started at the main entrance and worked my way to the audi booth (which was the coolest booth, they had an elevated cafe) at the back left of the javits center.

On my way there, the cars that caught my attention were in no order...

- Lamborghini: Murcielago and Gallardo were mint.

- Lotus Elise: First time seeing it, nice lookin.

- Ferrari: 430modena and 612 scagletti. NICE.

- Maserati: Beautiful automobiles, love the quattroporte. A top of the line family sedan, with gratuitous power.

- Aston Martin: Simply GORGEOUS interiors. Exteriors are beautiful as well. DB9 is astounding.

- BMW M5 - Wooo!!! Still getting used to it. However it looks very menacing. Front end looks nice in person. Rear is ok, obviously helped by the quad exhausts.

- BMW new 3 - Some dude next to me stated, "Garbage", another dude (while walking in the way of my picture) stated, "Its looks like crap", two other oriental dudes stated, "hey come around back, take a look at the rear, i dont like the lights, lets go around front...oh man what did they do!". After hearing those comments, i sat for 2 mins to examine the car. First of all the car is not HORRIBLE LOOKING. It is certainly a different step that BMW is taking, but i can safely and surely say, the WRONG step. I thought the car looked "alright". Small, nice wheelbase, color choices are nice, driving dynamics (as stated from the BMW spokesman there) dominates the competition. However i feel that the bmw touch is gone. I dont think i can get used to the new look, the new interior is confusing to me and the materials have certainly degraded (Don't even challenge me on this one, I FELT, (correct me), MOLESTED the car inside. In all bmw should rethink its new direction. It is losing the oomph the previous 3 series had.

VW Jetta - Ok looking. The new grill looks ok, the interior is quality tho, really nice.

-----------------------------------------------
OKOKOK AUDI TIME!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
New A4 - First time seeing it in person. BELIEVE ME, it is gorgeous, Inside and out. Even though i loved the a4 since i saw its introduction on the internet, i saved my final thought for until i saw it in person. I was NOT disappointed at all. The exterior is beautiful. The front end, specifically the new hood + headlights, flows beautifully into the grille. Simply becutiful front end. Many people stated that the rear end looks lame, and kind of sad. Yea right, those lights make the car seem more hunched down and more, "masculinly-luxurious - in a sporty kinda way lol". The car does not really look any longer, you cant really tell the short increase in length by looking at it. As for the overhang, its really not that bad at all!!. Its prolly because of how the front lights and lower bumper looks from the side. Inside was heaven. The steering wheel looked ok. The thing that impressed me was the fit and finish of the car. NOTHING WAS CHEAP. Jesus, audi does interiors like Jenna Jameson does ****; REALLY DAMN AMAZING... Every surface was pleasing to the senses. I felt myself molesting the dashboard alot, my brother had to pull me out so other people could observe the car.

New S4 - Everything as the A4 but Better. They had a Metallic Silver S4 there and It was Spectacular. The front end was menacing. I was afraid to go near because it might have swallowed me. The S4 grille along with the S4 front bumper arrangement made it look so damn fierce. The rear end with the quad pipes and the integrated spoiler looked so sporty yet so upscale. Seriously the car looked like a dream, i cant imagine in my life why someone would take the upcoming M3 over this baby. Everyone, from women to old men stard at this car. Quote from a girl talking to her friend: "Is that....wow thats the new s4. My husband has the older model. Wait until he sees this picture, he is going to crap his pants!".

A3 Sportback: First audi i saw there. BEAUTIFUL. I think the new grill fits this car the best, definitely because of the a3's headlights. The front of the car looks beautiful( It was in black). The rear look so sharp and sporty. Those rear lights look absolutely amazing. I also like how they look when the trunk is open. The interior is a combination of the a4 and tt. As always the fit and finish is immaculate. Nothing in its class comes close to audi's interiors, nothing. Bmw and MB should learn a frikken lesson (btw mercedes, that POS crome on the door handle of the C-class? looks and feels like crap!) I love the skyroof. When i was sitting in the car with this dude in the passenger, he was like "My god that dash is nice", i said "yea, but i like the sky roof better." he then stated "WOW, i didnt even know that was there!, thats amazing!". Apparently he decided on spot he was purchasing this car for his daughter this fall when she goes to college. Man i can go on about the a3, but you have to see it in person to believe how fantastic the car is.

A8 6.0 W12 - BOY what a showoff lol. People were on this car like bees on honey. The car is simply captivating. I think the color was akoya silver or something, but it looked like heaven. I couldnt sit inside but I felt up the outside, really good. Love the led taillights and the GRILL OMG THE GRILL. In my opinion this car has MUCH MUCH MUCH more presence than the S600. There is simply no comparison. Necks were breakin' while people walked by this beauty of a car.

----------------------------------------------
Ok that was long... HOWEVER I WILL POST PICTURES SOON. My sister somehow broke her HP camera and had to sent it back. however i purchased a digital CVS camera and took about 24 shots. I will post them very soon for you unpatient people lol.

HOWEVER I WILL BE GOING BACK TO THE AUTOSHOW MID WEEK BY MYSELF WITH MY FRIEND'S DIGITAL CAMERA. IF YOU WANT ME TO TAKE ANY SPECIAL PICTURES OF ANY CAR THERE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE REQUESTS, I WILL WRITE THEM DOWN AND TAKE PICTURES...

ALSO IF ANYONE WANTS TO MEET UP, THAT WOULD BE COO TOO.

thanks, Damien
Old 03-27-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Good stuff.

I agree w/ you on the new BMW E90. Personally I like the rear, but looks wise Audi fvcked up.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:17 PM

Default might want to fix your post about Audi F'ing up. :-) Or was that Freudian slip and u really are a...

BMW spy! huh?

by the way i forgot to send you that pic I know. it's coming....
Old 03-27-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Okay..I know the RS4 wasn't there, however.....

I know you asked about it. I hope you did.
What did they say? Price, options, ETA...

Whats the price range of the A3 (curious)

I'ld love some pix of the ford focus! j.k.

Great write up!
Old 03-27-2005, 09:22 PM

Default one more thing...that stupid stupid reverse tail light...

On the S4 did they get rid of that somehow?
Thats my biggest gripe about the new backend.
More importantly did they get rid of that on the RS4?
Old 03-27-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: one more thing...that stupid stupid reverse tail light...

Well for one thing i ran through the audi booth looking for a mass of people crowding around a glowing objects (the rs4) but there was no rs4. I ASKED AN AUDI REP AND HE SAID THE RS4 WILL NOT BE AT THE SHOW. However i asked him when will the audi rs4 arrive and he said "It will arrive here in 2006".

I did not see a price on the a3 im sorry about that man.
And to answer your question the taillights on the S4 and presumably the rs4 will be the same as in your Sig.

By the way, once you have seen the S4 in person, there is no turning back. You will LOVE every single piece of the car. Dont worry A4toS4 just wait.

Thanks Damien
Old 03-27-2005, 09:54 PM

Default When you go back can you ask about price and options? I'm guessing...

If anyone knew anything you would of heard something. oh well.
thanks d00d.

-Brendan
Old 03-27-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Sure, ill ask....

the prices for the A3. And i will try to get more information about the rs4. Also i wanna know officially if the new 2005.5 S4's has the new torque split.

Thanks, Damien
Old 03-28-2005, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Were the new A6 sedan and avant there?

If so, what did you think of those cars?
Old 03-28-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Yes they were there.......

The A6 is gorgeous in every aspect. Everyone was tring to sit in it and admire its interior. I have only heard good comments about the car from people around me. I think what i like about the avant the most is the LED's on the rear taillights. They look awesome!!!!

The avant trunk space is enormous. My brother and i (we are both over 6 ft chilled in the back of the avant for a while, checkin out the spaciousness.

Quick Reply: 2005 New York International Auto Show 1st Review (No pics Yet)