S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

A4 to S4 Conversion or more power in A4

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 to S4 Conversion or more power in A4

Basically had a nissan skyline bought a a4quattro as i have had a baby i have had it remapped and am running 200bhp it is not enough i want at least 270 300 and don't know what to do to get there or will i have to drop an s4 engine in there to get that power
Old 04-07-2010, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your second post in here clearly shows that you don't know much about Audis...in short NO. Go buy a S4.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RVTS4
Your second post in here clearly shows that you don't know much about Audis...in short NO. Go buy a S4.
your 874th post in here shows that you don't know much about Audis either. Do you speak to people like that face-to-face? I bet not. This is my first post. don't hate.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Domadude,

Ah, I too sold a car I loved (B5 S4 for a SUV) because of the "baby", only to find that you only really need one car to accommodate, and that the number of times the baby would ever see the inside of mine was LOW. Needless to say, wife wound up with the SUV and I went back to an B6 S4.

IMO, you might be happier in a S4. You may be able to get an A4 in the ballpark though, I'm not 100%. I don't hang on the A4 board, but you should ask them...
Old 04-10-2010, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"Do you speak to people like that face-to-face? I bet not. This is my first post. don't hate."

Do I talk that that to people face to face,? Yes I do..as I don't have patience for silly questions....I'm on my fourth Audi, so I know a bit about them. With enough money, sure you can drop a S4 motor into a A4, but at that point you could have bought one anyhow and modded it. So why bother? It not just a different engine....its computer, wiring harness, suspension, bushings, motor mounts, brakes...all kinds of things.

Audi's are not as engine swap friendly as Japanese cars, in no way shape or form. Been there and dome that too.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by olimapaul
Basically had a nissan skyline bought a a4quattro as i have had a baby i have had it remapped and am running 200bhp it is not enough i want at least 270 300 and don't know what to do to get there or will i have to drop an s4 engine in there to get that power
No.

Also it's good to use this guy > . < to separate your sentences.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned

lotsa good stuff going on here

A4 guy...

1. there are lots of high hp A4s running around. The iron block is STOUT and upgrading tuning, cooling, turbo and exhaust will see you developing as much as or more power than an S4. Maybe not reliably, or easily, but that's another story.

2. Doing an A4 to S4 conversion with the B6 platform should only be attempted by a retarded person with money and time to burn. If you want a B6 with a 4.2 V8 in it, sell your A4 and buy an S4.

The route to big power in an Audi is not a straight line. There are a bunch of little routes that can get you there.

Rest of you

WTF is with this site? People are mostly clueless on the platform, or they might know a tiny little bit and are prickish about it. So weird.

Also, why is B6 seperate from B7? Is this a site about body kits? No? Then MERGE THEM.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do I talk that that to people face to face,? Yes I do..as I don't have patience for silly questions....
Audi's are not as engine swap friendly as Japanese cars, in no way shape or form. Been there and (dome)<--what a TOBY) that too.[/QUOTE]

Who is this Fool. yes i no nothing about audi's hence why i posted this comment you clown.. got my a4 remapped and wanted to no how to or what to do next for more power no need for your smart comments ... think maybe u need a girlfriend or sumtin. even a social life instead a mouthing off on forums like your a big man... and u wouldn in ur life say that to my face... if u would i can give you my address or meet up. not a bother xxx
Old 04-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by olimapaul
Do I talk that that to people face to face,? Yes I do..as I don't have patience for silly questions....
Audi's are not as engine swap friendly as Japanese cars, in no way shape or form. Been there and (dome)<--what a TOBY) that too.
Who is this Fool. yes i no nothing about audi's hence why i posted this comment you clown.. got my a4 remapped and wanted to no how to or what to do next for more power no need for your smart comments ... think maybe u need a girlfriend or sumtin. even a social life instead a mouthing off on forums like your a big man... and u wouldn in ur life say that to my face... if u would i can give you my address or meet up. not a bother xxx[/QUOTE]

Are you really making fun of someone because of a typo? I can barely understand what your post is trying to say.

After questions, go with one of these: "?"
Try capital letters at the beginning of sentences and let spell check do it's thing. Also learn how to use words like "know" and "of".

That being said, sell your A4 and buy an S4 if you want more power. Or post this in the A4 forum. We know things about S4's. Not A4's.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default if you want more power

Like a couple mentioned, you should sell the 4 banger and get a something with more HP.

G/L