S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

For all those that think a B6 S4 will never match or beat a souped-up B5 S4...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol...
Old 10-24-2008, 06:08 AM

Default Okay, I suppose I don't. Enlighten us, please--seriously. I looked at their

website 2 days ago, it even says right on it that it's 'only disadvantage' is the extensive amount of work necessary to install it. Shows a picture of the entire nose off the car, and the byline states that what has to happen. Are we saying it's even worse than that?
Old 10-24-2008, 07:34 AM

Default Can't be done for $3,500...

I'm assuming that is their "base" kit w/ out a BOV or IC? Still needs custom work for pipes, oil pan needs to be tapped, IC if planning to run over 5 psi, bov, properly sized inj, etc. A stand alone engine management system is a great, but can be tough to deal with on a daily driver. I have had experience with the Felpro FAST, Electomotive TEC2, and AEM on my past cars. The stinger will work off of most stock sensors, but you still have to make a wire harness regardless, unless they have a plug and play option. With so much running off of the stock computer, will your gauges/center screen work w/ the standalone? Doubtfull. I lost all gauges but the fuel on one car. Then getting the car to even start is a challange after it's all wired up. Expect a good 20 hrs of dyno time to get a good tune for full and part throttle. Then there's the whole cold start issue. There is much, much more to it. From experience, I would guess getting this done w/ a standalone is going to cost you 10 - 15K.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No. We're saying that the supercharger doesn't work. AND.... [Edit]

Robert Hackstetter, who is Motodyne, has proven himself to be less than honorable, to put it mildly. If you do a search on the Audizine forum, the A8 forum here and others including this one, you'll see that he has a few hundred personas where he claims to be some customer and as he's exposed he becomes increasingly abusive and insulting to everyone and the forum. There have *allegedly* been several folks who've purchased parts and never received them or incomplete kits. He showed up at a dyno shootout with a running supercharged vehicle.... It made less power than stock. He claims to have fixed the problem. (check my dyno link at the bottom, below my sig)

But here's the biggest thing... I encourage you to look for evidence of a single install of that supercharger on a customer vehicle, anywhere in the world. Good luck with that.

Btw, I'm probably the most well versed here regarding this person and his product. (see the link below) I've met him, spent some time with him, been to the shop, toured it, looked over the supercharged car, wrote a story on it, was chided by countless forum members because I even took my time to do so, was accused of being a supporter of his, or worse yet, of being him... was the subject of a little attck by him on his website which he removed....<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/220413.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/220413.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 10-24-2008, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe it...at minimum not at that price
Old 10-24-2008, 11:21 AM

Default No, that's not what I meant. Here, I'll explain...

The 'stageIII' kit of theirs comes with pretty much everything you need, save for the boost tubing, and of course like you said, if you're going to run an IC. With theirs, it is usually not necessary: one of the benefits is the far lower temps, because of being away from the engine. Far less predatory heat loss, also.

The pan does not get tapped: they say to pull oil off another spot (can;t remember where--maybe the oil filter flange)---too high a pressure off the pan for their oil pump (that gets oil out to the compressors).

The Stinger standalone costs me roughly about 1200--my partner back in Washington is a dealer, and has a full chassis dyno as well. They do the entire install, build the harnesses, etc. they've been installing Stinger systems for several years.

Yes there 'may' be a few issues with gauges, etc--that is a consideration, no doubt.

The time to dial everything in is a given; he's an old friend of mine and I know will not be charging me some colossal sum for the tuning aspect. Kind of a nice benefit. The guy has a GolfII with a 1.8T that is at almost 400hp on Stinger. Rode with him one night on I-90 a little while back, racing a new WRX; saw the WRX get his *** handed to him. Was great.

Anyway, I am anticipating costs to be 'around' 5000 all told. STILL beats the sh*tbird out of the SC systems out there, cost-wise and likely power-wise as well.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:28 AM

Default Crap, dude. Sounds like some of the sh*t I used to get back when I ran Volksport NW up in WA.

I used to be the president of what used to be the largest H2O VW club in the NW, called Volksport NW, back in the early and mid-90's; (little over 100 members at one point) I got more crap than I did praise, in spite of the boatloads of work I did.

Well you've certainly opened my eyes a bit about Motodyne. Makes me just that much more motivated to do this rear-mount turbo system!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:34 AM

See the additional write-up above--the 'explain' post
Old 10-24-2008, 04:32 PM

Default You may want to check these guys out, they used STS.

<ul><li><a href="http://www.p9-m.com/p9-motorsports.html">http://www.p9-m.com/p9-motorsports.html</a</li></ul>
Old 10-24-2008, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default STS is great!!! for a chevy truck

dont be an idiot, if they where that great someone else would have used it....look them up on the BMW forums....some have tried and no luck.

i have built MANY MANY MANY turbo systems, and have had a couple B5 S4's....no way will you be happy with the bandaid solution that is STS.

if you want a real custom turbo for your car, then look around.....many are capable of building one.

Quick Reply: For all those that think a B6 S4 will never match or beat a souped-up B5 S4...