S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Another horrible Don Rosen Audi experience... (very long!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YEah, good point, Raj. I guess I expected to get good service w/o having to be a "Squeaky Wheel"

I honestly don't have the time to call up to bitch and moan all the time or to sit around the dealership all day chatting it up to get on their good side. I was under the impression that things should have been working the other way around...AKA...the SAs and Techs all have jobs because we're all buying Audis and bringing them in for service. SO, keep us (the customers) happy or else you're out of a job. Imagine that, right!
Old 09-14-2005, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks...I'll look for him next time.

My SA was very polite and nice, but she dropped the ball on the loaner and on the communication. Hopefully that guy can help me out if I go back with the S4.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ed will do everything he can do....

There comes a point when they have no control, but Ed does try his hardest.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Sully dont bother with Don Rosen, they suck its obvious, go to Audi of HV

Atleast there they take care of things.... DR is a circus, and I vow to never go there again.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Audi of HV has been getting slammed recently as well...
Old 09-14-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Yup. The higher volume dealers all suffer these snafus...

Sounds very similar to my experience with Princeton Audi/Vw. I dealt with Princeton Audi/VW for 5 years with my B5 and B6 (bought both of them there). They do not have enough service bays for the number of cars they service. They are ranked dead last in the online customer satisfaction survey.

Waited 3-4 weeks for a scheduled service visit. Then almost never done the same day (agree with a previous poster...never schedule for a Friday always try for a Monday visit). Regularly got Kia rental loaners. If you're in for an actual repair they'd take the car immediately but it would sit almost 1 week before they'd look at it. Etc etc etc.

AoA needs to more stringently monitor the volume at each of its dealers and mandate a certain number of service bays for the given volume. I think Princeton Audi/VW would still have a problem with twice the number of bays.

On the other hand I recently moved to PA and have been going to Knopf MB/Porsche/Audi. Their service has been an absolute pleasure compared to Princeton. They just expanded their service shop and clearly can handle their volume. When I called to make an appointment for my 5k service I was asked "when do you want to bring in the car" and I was like "huh? you mean you don't have a 1 month wait?" She laughed and said I could bring it in that same day and have it back by end-of-business. I brought it in first thing the next day. I was offered an A4 loaner, but the SA says to me "or if you prefer we can pull the car in right now and have you out in 30min." Since it was 8am I said sure. They really did pull my car right into the service bay. They had coffee and danish and several daily papers in the waiting room. Although it took closer to 1hr than 30min I was still to work with time to spare.

Another time I got a rogue CEL. Brought it in on a Saturday morning and they checked and cleared the code and I was out of there in 1hr.

And this was for a customer they had never dealt with before and bought the car from another dealer.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I believe its mandatory now that they (BMW) give you a loaner..

Thompson gives BMW loaners, always has for at least the past 7 years. You take a 3 in for service and get a 3 loaner. Same for 5 series to but can't speak for 7.

Sales dept sucks, but they got the service down at least.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I guess JD and I are the only ones that have had very good experiences at D.R.

Admittedly, before the new Service Manager, I had experiences just as you describe, nearly identical. But when I go in now, if my SA isn't around, another SA will take me if the Service Manager doesn't see me first and tell someone to help me. He always comes up to me, says hi and shakes my hand. If I get there early enough they'll always make sure I get an Audi, an A6 or '05 A4.

If you have a problem there, I would say talk to Tim Hedrick, the Service Manager directly and he will go out of his way to help you. And if a certain SA isn't doing their job he'll bring smoke on them about it. He's not afraid to clean house there. He's gotten rid of some PITAs before because of their terrible customer service. You just have to talk to him.

I don't know if it's still going on there, but the renovation is causing problems too. No room to park or maneuver.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I will never return to Don Rosen Audi

That describes my two service visits (where they did not fix the problem) before I went to Audi of Huntingdon valley. Organized. I drop my car off in doors if I wish (nice if it is raining), I get a loaner Audi (also delivered to me indoors) EVERY time. Drop off to out the door, under 15 minutes.

I have a BMW (Z4 3.0i) and the worst car I have ever gotten from Thompson is a 325xi. Oh, yeah, Thompson also valet's my car, if I wish. They will drive to my home or office, drop off a BMW for me, take my car for service and return it.

You don't need to tolerate this level of (dis)service. You have options.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You're complaining because the dealer didn't give you the loaner you wanted?!?!

Guess what, loaners or rentals are purely a goodwill measure on the part of the dealer. They're not part of your warranty, and you should be grateful for <b>anything</b> you get.

I get a ride in a shuttle or I can get a rental on <b>my</b> dime, and it's the same for most other dealers in my area.

Quick Reply: Another horrible Don Rosen Audi experience... (very long!)