S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

another Nav question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another Nav question

Re: installing Nav+, does anyone know if its possible to install it on a B6 S4 that already has the regular Nav? My order is in the computer but not being produced yet, and I'm still debating whether to get the Nav or do it myself later. If I'm going to install anything aftermarket I'd prefer it to be DVD-based, although I do like the stock-look of Nav+. Does anyone think that the 05's will have a DVD-based Nav+? If thats a possibility, I think I'd be more likely to wait on the Nav. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was told not to order the OEM Navigation if getting the Nav+ by AvalonMotorsports.

<ul><li><a href="http://www.avalonmotorsports.com">www.avalonmotorsports.c om</a></li></ul>
Old 07-09-2003, 10:59 AM

Default Can Nav+ be installed with/Infotainment PKG?

I was wondering if the Nav+ could be installed with the infotainment. Im not sure if the bose is compatible with nav plus and/or if the XM sat radio is compatible with the nav plus unit. If it can't be done then I am not getting aftermarekt nav plus. on avalon motorsports website it says it can be used with "audi symphony" and says nothing about bose compatibility.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It works with Bose , but the Nav+ does not support any sat radio.....

So, yes it can be installed with the infotainment package, but you will lose sat radio.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:31 PM

Default I've vowed never to buy a car with a navigation disclaimer...

The new A8 apparently has one - where you have to click to agree not to use the system while driving each time you start the car.

I could not put up with some corporate lawyer's insult to my intelligence every time I took a drive. It would eventually drive me to insanity with anger to be insulted daily by my own car. I'd literally not buy a certain car if there was no way to avoid that situation.

At the same time, I'd like a Nav system so I might be looking aftermarket if it's feasible. I appreciate any input you guys have on those - so thanks for the discussion.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I was told not to order the OEM Navigation if getting the Nav+ by AvalonMotorsports.

Somehow I lost the options sheet for the S4, I'll have to go pick up another.. but I'm not ordering the infotainment package- I don't need OnStar or the cell wiring, and I like my iPod more than satellite radio. I'll go for aftermarket speakers, probably Alpine with a JL sub, since I'm not a big fan of Bose. I was wondering, on the AvalonMotorsports website it says you need the Symphony Radio- is that what is standard, without infotainment?
Old 07-09-2003, 08:58 PM
Former Vendor

Default The Bose headunit comes out of the car during install and

speakers and wiring remain unchanged.The Nav may be made to work with Sirius,but noone has done it yet as far as we know. TV, DVD, etc are options for the Nav plus as well.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Former Vendor

Default well...no disclaimer in our AUdi's with Nav Plus, but my ML55 and all other

Mercedes I have seen have the idiot message which is defeated every time by one tap on a toggle switch.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Former Vendor

Default You only need the double-din (newer style wide radio) to fit the Nav unit. It is a non-issue for the

new S4. The Nav is compatible.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:45 PM
Elder Member

My Lexi has it too - a PITA but what you going do.

Quick Reply: another Nav question