S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Anyone Else Have A Problem With Europe Nav Disc in US Spec Car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Else Have A Problem With Europe Nav Disc in US Spec Car?

I just picked up my S4 today and went to my local dealer to get the europe nav disc and the nav plus wont even recognize the disc. My car is US Spec cause I am stationed in germany and it was a german disc that they tried to use. Does anyone know if there is any difference between the US Spec and Euro spec nav systems? They couldnt figure it out at the service center and told me they would call me by tomorrow after they called around about it. I cant imagine Audi would produce two totaly different systems for US and Euro spec. Can anyone help here?

Mike
Old 05-18-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Anyone Else Have A Problem With Europe Nav Disc in US Spec Car?

I believe the DVD has region system. In North America, it is Region 1... and in Europe, it's Region 2...

So, I think that is the issue. Since the Europe Nav Disc is probably Region-2 coded, and your car's system only recognizes Region-1 coded DVDs...

Correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 05-18-2005, 01:37 PM

Your probably right.. I will let you know what they say when they call tomorrow
Old 05-22-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Thought you all might like to know....

After a couple phone calls to Audi of America about this problem I was put in contact with the company who actualy produces the discs and software for the Audi nav systems. They told me that the only nav discs that are available for american spec cars are for north america. I for one find this fact incredible considering how poorly this makes audi look to american owners who dont live in the states.

I know most of you dont have this problem, but for persons who are in the military or who have their car outside of the united states audi provides pretty much 0 support except for warranty issues. The supposedly free services that Audi says come for 4 years of 50,000 miles for american spec cars isnt entirely true. This can only be done at service centers in the united states. I could drive down to ingolstadt an hour away and still not get the free service that they advertize for the car I bought.

I am very very very happy with my car but the level of service that audi is providing is very inferior to that of BMW or Mercedes even when it comes to military sales and the support of owners who have their cars outside of the united states. Sorry if I rambled with this.. im just pretty upset with them right now. There is also probably a crapload of misspellings in here but im too tired to fix them now

Mike