S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Anyone know what a 6-speed S4 sedan w/o sunroof weighs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Regarding the sunroof and 50 lbs though...

Considering this topic of a sunroof or lack thereof not being worth your time to discuss with respect to COG, it would seem your participation in this thread would say otherwise.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well think of it this way. I'm also saving $3k up front so I don't see

how I'd be "losing" $3k later when I sell it. Also, I'm not deleting the sunroof just to save weight. I actually like the looks of the clean roof without it, especially with the color I'm getting..Arctic White. In fact, I think the sunroofs in the S4/A4 are a joke because they're so damn small and worthless. I never use them anyway so it doesn't really matter to me. I have Open Sky in my A3 which is nicer IMO as it allows much more light into the car than a standard sunroof.

The weight savings of roughly 50lbs is just a bonus to me. More headroom is also nice. I didn't intend to turn this thread into a physics excercise :-)

Another important factor to me personally is I really like the fact virtually no one orders their cars without a sunroof. It will be a very unique vehicle IMHO. The fact it will be a 6-speed rather than Tip makes a difference of another 200lbs or so if I'm not mistaken. Overall, 250lbs is a huge difference whether it'll make a diff. with COG or not.

People should ask themselves why in virtually ALL magazines do the test cars not have a sunroof. I'll bet you the Europeans laugh at Americans when they see how we're a bunch of pussies needing cup holders, sunroofs, etc.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya got me there.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:43 AM

Default It'll be unique alright...but not in a good way...

Europeans and sunroofs doesn't change the fact that it's a great idea/device IMO. It's a way to let a little of the outside world in. It's also a means of venting when you don't want air and noise flowing in from window.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: It'll be unique alright...but not in a good way...

Geez Dave, why do you even have to go there? Obviously some people don't need or want a sunroof. I don't understand why you need to make a point of saying otherwise.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:32 PM

Default Re: It'll be unique alright...but not in a good way...

Just mentioning because it's something you might want to think twice about. I can see being asked constantly about a $50k S4 and no sunroof? Or, when you go to sell, "it doesn't have a sunroof?"... click. Just something to consider good and hard, IMO.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:04 PM

Default dunno about you

but i dont buy new cars for resale reasons. i buy them to drive and enjoy myself.

if you're really that concered about resale and want a car sans-moon, just lease it and enjoy the writeoff.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well said

I don't buy cars for resale value either. I buy them just the way I want them for me to enjoy, not someone else 3 or 4 years down the road.

I've mentioned it in the past but I ordered a brand new E46 M3 without a moonroof and when I did sell it, it didn't take longer than a week before a buyer was knocking on my door ready to take it off my hands in cash. One thing for sure, private sales vs. getting reamed on trade-in with dealers are two different things.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:42 PM

Default Re: dunno about you

But I don't want a car "sans-moon"...it's you two. I undertand your points, but you are definitley in the minority on this one. All for that pesky COG hit with sunroof and no bumpy the knoggin : )
Old 04-07-2006, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ahhh but that's the point grasshopper.

I(we) are in the minority and that's just the way I like it. Hey at least I'm not shelling out 6 large for some damn chinchilla foreskin interior. LOL.

COG? I'll just leave that one for the resident physicists!

Quick Reply: Anyone know what a 6-speed S4 sedan w/o sunroof weighs?