S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Audi Service "mind blowing"

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Service "mind blowing"

saw this on the car connection this morning:

Audi Service Mind-Blowing?

Audi of America will launch a new service program designed to appeal to even the most demanding customer, hinted the automaker's chief executive, Johan de Nysschen. "I want to deliver service to the customer that will blow their mind," he said Wednesday, following the first U.S. showing of the production Q7 SUV. Audi quality has been on a steady climb, said the South African-born executive, noting that warranty costs have been coming down an average of around 20 percent annually since 2003. But "the real test for me is how we react when the customer experiences a problem." De Nysschen wouldn't discuss specifics of the project, which is still in the early development stages. He did acknowledge that part of the challenge will be getting the full commitment of Audi retailers. "We've got a high degree of variability among our dealers where levels of dedication are not always where we like to see it." Adding that "I do not want to rush into it," de Nysschen declined to discuss when the new service program will be formally unveiled.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:45 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default warranty costs declining by 20%??

Maybe that's because they've been cutting back on covered items?!
Old 09-29-2005, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That's classic! Warranty cost is coming down...

Juergen: Vat do you zink, should ve recategorize the entire drivetrain as a vear item?

Vuergen: Ya! Zat sounds good to me!

Juergen: Look! Our forecasted varranty expense in ze business plan eez lower!

Vuergen: Vow! Next year ve close all the service operations and fire all the technicians! How can ve incur any costs, if ve don't even offer service?!

Juergen: Bvilliant!
Old 09-29-2005, 01:12 PM

current Audi service definitely does not blow my mind one bit
Old 09-29-2005, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember - "blow" is just an expression for something that actually sucks...
Old 09-29-2005, 01:29 PM

not quite what i think of when i hear/read blow....to each their own....
Old 09-29-2005, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Then they need to replace 2/3 of their service staff!

After 5 years of driving Audis and multiple service encounters at 3 different dealerships it always came down to the service technician and advisor. Most of them did not seem to care or were just plain dishonest. It is certainly not their fault if something is not right with a car, but I rarely felt that there was a genuine effort to really help a customer and be straightforward in the process. And this is probably not an Audi specific issue, though from what I hear some other brands like Lexus or even Infinity seem to be doing better in terms of dealership experience. So I wonder what they could change to improve that without replacing their staff. I don't need Starbucks or leather seats in the lounge but I would feel great if someone gave me the impression that he really tries to fix a problem while communicating with you and give you the impression he really cares about his job. To think that Audi of USA can change that from their HQ is a long shot!
Old 09-29-2005, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I saved them $3k by pauing for my own clutch! Yeah, you take the position that you will deny

warranty items you'll save money.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

No more 2.7TT motors :-P
Old 09-29-2005, 03:03 PM

Default "We've got a high degree of variability among our dealers where levels of dedication are not always

where we like to see it."

REALLY!!?? This makes me feel sooo much better as an AoA customer, you know, being told that if I am lucky I will get the service I expect, if not, oh well....bastards!

Quick Reply: Audi Service "mind blowing"