S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

B6 S4 Valve Cover Breather Seals

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B6 S4 Valve Cover Breather Seals

Hello everyone, new to this forum.

I have searched and cannot find anything on the rubber seals that go down through the heads and connect the valve covers together through the breather tube on each cover. (The hose you remove on the outside of the cover firewall side)The rubber is hard and won't make a good seal when the cover is re-installed. The stainless/aluminum plates on the underside of the cover is where these are supposed to seal to.

My question is, does anyone know what these seals are called? I want to order new ones while I have the covers off doing the VC gaskets, but I can't find them on any parts diagrams. I can upload a picture tomorrow of what I'm talking about, in case I am not explaining it well enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks- Nick
Old 07-23-2013, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lamborghini007

I have searched and cannot find anything on the rubber seals that go down through the heads and connect the valve covers together through the breather tube on each cover. (The hose you remove on the outside of the cover firewall side)The rubber is hard and won't make a good seal when the cover is re-installed. The stainless/aluminum plates on the underside of the cover is where these are supposed to seal to.

My question is, does anyone know what these seals are called? I want to order new ones while I have the covers off doing the VC gaskets, but I can't find them on any parts diagrams. I can upload a picture tomorrow of what I'm talking about, in case I am not explaining it well enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks- Nick

Are you talking about these?:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...87a/ES2664564/
Old 07-23-2013, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That would be them, not sure how I overlooked these as I searched high and low on ECS's site..haha. Thanks for helping pull my head out of my a**.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lamborghini007

Thanks- Nick
Is this just a B6 thing? I didn't see anything like this when I recently did the valve covers on my B7. Here is what one of the valve covers looked like (driver's side, picture taken before replacing the rubber bits):

http://amodernpolymath.com/wp-conten...6/IMG_0492.jpg
Old 07-24-2013, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarshallB
Is this just a B6 thing? I didn't see anything like this when I recently did the valve covers on my B7. Here is what one of the valve covers looked like (driver's side, picture taken before replacing the rubber bits):

Not sure but I do know the drivers side on a B6 only has one plug & the passenger side has two.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MarshallB

Must just be a B6 thing, that cover looks wayy different than mine..do your covers have breathers on the top firewall side?