S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Big Brother - aka DC Photo Enforcement - strikes and misses - rant - Edited Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Brother - aka DC Photo Enforcement - strikes and misses - rant - Edited Update

I recently got note in the mail from LDC Collection Systems for $100 ($50 fine, $50 penalty). Apparently, I was going 11-15 MPH over the limit in DC last October. I haven't been in DC for years and the Tag # that is on the ticket does not belong to any of my vehicles or even the allroad I had last year (which had different tags than my S4).

I just called the number listed and explained the situation to the phone operator. now I have to go online, print out a form, get a copy of my registration, and a picture of my car. All this for just being a US/NJ citizen. Good job Big Brother - the system really works!

It's too bad we citizens can't send them a bill back for wasting our time. For what some people make, it would be cheaper just to pay the fine, than spend an hour or 2 doing all the bull****.

Edited Update - After searching, I found out that my allroad DID had the tag/plate number as shown on the bill. My first search, thru some old docs showed a different tag/plate # but I just checked w/ some old pics I have on my computer. So, I now see how they got my info but still pissed they misread the tag/plate number and my information was associated w/ the ticket and bill. I guess it could always be worse...
Old 05-17-2006, 08:38 AM
AJG
AudiWorld Super User

What are the consequences of simply ignoring it?
Old 05-17-2006, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I would probably just pay the fine if it doesnt go on your insurance record. I make alot more than

50 bucks an hour. I have better things to be doing with my time than to be taking pictures of my car and filling out online forms.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm not sure what it would do for my driving priveledges, but it says...

..."The District of Columbia has authorized LDC Collection Systems to report this delinquent amount to a national credit reporting company unless we receive payment in full. This action may affect your ability to obtain approval when applying for a consumer loan."

It can't be a scam or can it?
Old 05-17-2006, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default yeah, it would be easier to just pay - but it's the fact of the matter.

I wasn't even in DC, nor do they have the right tag number!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:01 AM
AJG
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ah . . . so no legal consequences.

I'd ignore it. Actually, I would probably just write a short letter to the credit agency saying that you do not now, nor have you ever, owned a car with the license plate shown in the photo, and that you were not even in the District of Colombia on the day of the alleged violation (I would say virtually nothing else in the letter). Thereafter, if/when you need a loan to buy a house or something, and if this were to appear on a credit report, I would just explain that the charge is not legitimate and provide a copy of the letter that you sent to the credit agency.

Andrew
Old 05-17-2006, 09:02 AM
AJG
AudiWorld Super User

So . . . how did they track this back to you?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks - I'll probably do just that.

Seems to be the easiest way to handle it.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:20 AM

what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I just called them again - after the person looked at the ticket and the bill

she determined that they didn't match.

How did they get my information? She said they submitted the tag number (the incorrect one) to NJ DMV and it came back as my name. The thing is, I don't have any tags, remotely close to the one listed on the bill.

Quick Reply: Big Brother - aka DC Photo Enforcement - strikes and misses - rant - Edited Update