S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Can anyone recommend a good Chicago area dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 07:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a good Chicago area dealership?
Old 10-29-2003, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I live in Chicago and purchased out of state...

And I couldn't be more satisfied with my decision. Fletcher-Jones lied and continues to lie about not being able to order an Avant... saying they are unavailable. Audi Exchange never stepped up with an allocation and communication was pathetic. Schaumburg was marginally better on the communication but couldn't come up with an allocation until I was already a month into the process with my current out of state dealer.

I purchased my car from Kevin B @ Ira Audi in Mass. He's an AW.com contributor and definitely an Audi enthusiast. I couldn't be happier. (expect another glowing recommendation/endorsement post soon after I take delivery this weekend).
Old 10-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I live in Chicago and purchased out of state...

Was it just getting a firm allocation or did the out of state dealer give you a better deal?
Old 10-29-2003, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts
Default My good friend in Chicago, a life long Audi owner, gave up on the brand because of local dealers ...

When it came time to retire his 100 CS quattro in '02 he really wanted a B5 S4 or B6 A4. But he was so tired of Chicagoland dealer service and how unbearable they were to deal with during the shopping process that he went to Lexus ... and couldn't be happier. In fact, when they go to trade their A6 Avant next year it'll be for a FX45, RX330 or MDX and not the allroad they'd love to have ... JUST BECAUSE OF THE DEALER EXPERIENCE. That says a lot, and AoA should be listening.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Laurel Audi in Westmont (near Oakbrook)

They have a pretty good volume, so they get a decent allocation. They also have a decent salesman who knows his stuff and won't try to BS you. Ask for Dragi Mladenovich. Their service departmant has always treated me well. They also have a location in Tinley Park if you're from the south side.

In Naperville, Continental has received high marks as well. I don't remember the name of the sales guy you want to ask for, but if you want to go there, I'll dig it up. Continental has been very supportive of our local ACNA chapter, FWIW.

The Exchange is another place that locals seem to like, although I have no direct experience with them. If you live North, this place should be considered.

BlueCarDude has a very negative perception of Fletcher Jones downtown. Everyone I know that has purchased or had their car serviced there has the same negative feelings.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm dying to know where he went.

Everyone may have a service department related issue from time to time, but if the front end of the shop is alienating customers, that's horrible.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Suggest posting on the Chicago Area forum

<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/lrqc.html">https://www.audiworld.com/forum/lrqc.html</a</li></ul>
Old 10-29-2003, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Or join the mayhem here:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/chicagoaudigtg/
Old 10-29-2003, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: I got a better than average deal, imo.

Especially considering the difficulty in getting an Avant allocation. They aren't that easy to come by judging from my experience and the experience of others. I paid sticker for mine. The dealer took care of the NE emissions and is shipping the car to me free of charge. That's $1000 out of their pocket at least. I was also quoted a very competitive rate... better than other rates I've seen on this forum so far.

The buying experience has been not just adequate or acceptable, but absolutely phenomenal. I don't mind paying a little more for the exceptional service I've received.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts
Default They llive in Wilmette now, previously downtown ...

When shopping cars last year, they went to "several" city and suburb Audi shops (not sure how many there are in the area). I'm also not sure where they had their cars serviced, but pretty sure they experienced more than one dealer since they lived DT then moved up north.

He (like me) is from Denver and had generally positive experience with the dealer network there.

Quick Reply: Can anyone recommend a good Chicago area dealership?