S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

cell phone install

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cell phone install

Has anyone here attempted to do a hardwire of a cell phone to utilize the s4 radio muting/speaker/power and antenna. Most importantly, I'd like to use the audi antenna so that I don't ruin the lines on the car with another antenna. I want to get a permanent car kit, but have limited interest in a V60 phone with an audi symbol on it...

In the tech section, someone had instructions for doing this with a Nokia. They involved using a soldering iron and making a circuit board. Way too complicated. I'm looking to get a professional installer to do this.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

btw, my car should hopefully be here in early september!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 03:07 PM

Default I tried integrating my Motorola T730 kit in my allroad

I had the Bose Symphony II head unit and following directions I have see on the boards I attempted to connect the wire from the car kit that sends a signal to the radio so that it displays "phone" and automatically mutes the stereo when a call comes in. Unfortunately after pulling my head unit out and wasting a few hours I had no luck. Apparently the Bose head unit looks for a opposite polarity than what the Motorola kits send as a signal. As for antennas, you can one that mounts on the inside of the windshield with no external antenna. I have one and it works great and obviously does not spoil the look of the car. I'm currently using the T730 kit in my S4 Cab with no integration with the car's electronics and its fine. I did buy the Audi phone consule which gives the set-up a polished look. There a a couple pics on my picture poster if you are interested.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:14 PM

Default Re: I tried integrating my Motorola T730 kit in my allroad

I was concerned about using one of the inside windshield antennas in relation to window tinting. I sent off an email to the company that makes that antenna and they said that metallic tint would completely block the RF. They were unsure about what effect the ceramic (huper optic) would have.