S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

This dealer is a POS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This dealer is a POS!!!

***Written by me (11AM today):

Hello,

I have a little problem...I have a 2002 BMW 330i (E46) and both headlight covers have cracks in them. Unfortunately, on a day when it has rained, condensation appears on the inside of the headlight.

Would this kind of damage be covered under warranty? I just want new headlight covers (my car has the xenons) because the current ones have cracks in them. If this is not covered by the warranty, how much does this cost?

Thank you,
Gergin

***Written by the fiends at the dealer (3PM):

Hello,

The car would have to be inspected first to figure out where/ what has caused it to crack.
If the cracks on the headlights are from stone chips then this damage won't be covered by warranty.
Please call the service department to arrange a time to bring the car in for inspection.
416-865-1622

Kindest Regards,

CENSORED NAME
sales coordinator

***Writeen by me at 3:30PM:

Hey,

Of course the cracks in the headlight covers are made by rocks and other such things. You know how one drives down the road and then you get hit by a rock from a bulldozer. It's that kind of regular damage. That's obvious...the question is how much for the new headlight covers including installation...

Please look up the price of those headlight covers for me and we'll take it from there. I want to avoid making any appointments yet since I am well aware of the unacceptable tardiness of your service department. Furthermore, the quality of the repairs is always questionable. Hopefully when you move to the new "Toronto BMW" building, you will have a service department that corresponds to the price of the cars you sell.

Thanks,
Gergin
webmaster@gergin.net
webmaster@gergin.com

You see what crap my dealership is? They want to "inspect" the car first. Are they blind??? I wanted the PRICE for goddam headlight covers!!! They can go S C R E W themselves. This is a POS dealer - if you are gonna buy a car from Downtown BMW in Toronto, be warned that their service department is the WORST thing I have seen!

I really miss my old Audi dealership (Agincourt Autohaus). Who could think that BMW could severely inflate their prices of cars AND not provide the corresponding service?
Old 07-18-2003, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Uh WTF? in that email exchange, you're the one who comes off like an ***, not the dealer...

They likely wanted to inspect the headlight covers in case they were broken due to torsional stress if they had been installed improperly.

Also, the way you wrote your email you are asking about damage caused by condensation, NOT about the cracks themselves. Only as an afterthought do you ask how much new covers would cost, and you ask them to answer that question only IF the cost is not covered by warranty, an answer which they cannot possibly provide until AFTER they insepct the car.

Go take a remedial english class and learn to communicate lucidly before you go flying off the handle about people who don't understand you.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM

Default the dealer just wanted to inspect the cracked lens to see if it was a warrenty item.

then go from there. they offered a way to go. by the way i'm in Audi/Porsche sales and I would ask to see the car first before making you pay for something you "Might not have to pay for in the first place".
Old 07-18-2003, 12:25 PM

Would you expect them to fix your windshield if a rock broke it?
Old 07-18-2003, 01:04 PM

No. I will pay 100% for windshield. I just want the price first.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:05 PM

I am aware of my horrible English (it's a 3rd language for me) - I know I suck
Old 07-18-2003, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. BMW drivers really are jerks
Old 07-18-2003, 01:34 PM

Not to worry, soon I'll be an Audi driver again! LOYALTY prevails!
Old 07-18-2003, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please don't assume Rooster is representative of all BMW drivers

If you want to see what you're in for, go see some of the Roadfly forums and read his postings.

I drive both an Audi and a BMW. Both have their pros and cons, but at the end of the day they are both solid and fun to drive. For what it's worth (and this is only my own opinion), I have had a FAR better experience with BMW service and customer care than I have had with Audi.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default should avoid picking on spelling or grammar..

a) This is a world-wide board. How many languages do *you* speak?
b) I have a college-degree; speak, spell and type *extremely" well .... but on forums I type/think very fast .... and don't care about "airrers" or grammar even.
c) I have an American friend who is a PhD, speaks 5 languages *fluently,* is incredibly erudite and intelligent.... and his spelling and grammar are absolutely atrocious.

Pick on BMWs...? Dat's cool.
Pick on people...? Uncool.

Now... about that Audi dealer... <grin>

Quick Reply: This dealer is a POS!!!