S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Exhaust questions... I need to buy an exhaust need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust questions... I need to buy an exhaust need some help...

I want get an exhaust for my car and I have lots of questions on which one i should get and so fourth. I think ive narrowed my search to milltek and Labree because this is what 90% of you are using.

1. Which exhaust system Looks/Sounds the best.
2. Which Gives the most gains.
3. SHould I also get the downpipe/cat or just catback.
4. Resonated or Non-Res.
5. Any sound clips of Milltek or Labree?

Prices and so fourth. Also, who makes the most aggressive chip?... I was thinking of getting APR.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

milltek, milltek, both, non, no. But those are just my opinions (except for 2, but im not 100% sure)
Old 06-16-2006, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No sound clips of milltek fullback?
Old 06-16-2006, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've had both... they both look great, both sound great (Labree is definitely louder)...

I personally think the Labree added a little more power (just by my *** dyno), my Labree system was a 2 res w/ downpipes & my Milltek is a non res w/ downpipes and I don't have sound clips of either. Personally I like the Labree a little more just because of the sound but the Milltek sounds great, it's just a little quieter than the Labree.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default best sound is labree

I've got a c/b milltek and it sounds great at low rpms, above 3k it mellows out(no dps). It depends what you're going for. If you want more subdued sounding exhauste go for milltek, if you want snappy aggressive v8 euro snarl go Labree. I think they'll all make the same power, its hard to say who make the most cause an intake can make a huge difference, etc.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default How about a combo?

I think there used to be someone else on here that mixed exhaust, but not sure if they still post here. I bought the resonated milltek CB b/c I did not want any drone when cruising. I bought the Labree downpipe b/c I wanted a snap when WOT. That is exactly what I have:

1. A car I cant take somemone to lunch in and keep the car out of the conversation (if I keep the revs down). Most I have had is, "is that v6?"

2. Power gains- DP is a must

3. When my car is WOT- Poeple do look 2-3 times to make sure an Audi just passed them. I even get the occasional gesture to roll down the window to explain why my car sounds so nice.

Anyway, Labre or Milltek nice. Combo=Nice too. The one thing I noticed at a recent gtg is that my setup is quieter than a Milltek non-res fullback at idle but meaner/louder at WOT- nice compromise. Also, this video was shot after the exhaust was 24 hours old...much meaner with a few miles on it.

Listen to all of them and decide what you like best.

Here is a sound clip of my combo- sounds much meaner in person at WOT.<ul><li><a href="http://www.zippyvideos.com/9341001434502286/milltek_resonated_cb__labree_dp/">http://www.zippyvideos.com/9341001434502286/milltek_resonated_cb__labree_dp/</a</li></ul>
Old 06-16-2006, 07:40 PM

Default I like my Milltek non-res full, also buy an intake, forgo the chip, negligable gains for the money

and then the warranty issue. With any system expect your gas milage to go way down from all the WOT's just to hear the beautiful music.

All systems are similar with sound and power gains, personal views are only difference.

Talk to strat and if you buy a full system they will work a great deal.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I would add AWE's system to your list as well

I just installed their non-resi catback and it produces a bitchin' note. Fit and finish were really good too. DP's will add the power and their on my plan/budget for next year.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:57 AM

Default If you put an exhaust system on your car make sure you add an intake. My car sounded better and felt

a little smoother after I put it in.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 2nd that...I've had mine for a little over a year and love it! Get compliments on the sound...

...all the time.

Quick Reply: Exhaust questions... I need to buy an exhaust need some help...