S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Have any of you checked out this company for ECU programming?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have any of you checked out this company for ECU programming?

It's a company called REVO. They apparently do serial port programming of your ECU rather than an actual chip. They claim to provide big hp increases but they don't state exactly how much. Thoughts?<ul><li><a href="http://www.revotechnik.com/usa/usrevo.html">http://www.revotechnik.com/usa/usrevo.html</a</li></ul>
Old 05-20-2004, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes. They are working on a S4 program and they get awesome power gains from the 1.8t.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Just as an FYI, there is some letigation going on between Revo and APR...

Something along the lines of APR hired a few engineers, who left APR and decided to start off a new company Revo. Some of the technology that was used to develop Revo products may or may not have been derived from APR research.<ul><li><a href="http://www.goapr.com/Audi/revo/index.html">http://www.goapr.com/Audi/revo/index.html</a</li></ul>
Old 05-20-2004, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yup they are the company who stole technology from APR...

Long story but they use a flash upgrade instead of modifying your ECU physically.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This case will be thrown out because the they can not copyright an open code program to my knowledge

What they can try is to discredit their business ethics. It just competive marketing. Call David at eurocode tuning if you don't believe me about this REVO's program.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Elder Member

Default Like JD says, they are sketchy. They stole a few of APR's engineers...

and took their direct-port technology with them. APR failed to release it before REVO, so REVO got the credit for being the pioneer of Direct-port technology, which makes them look like g-d.

I'd go for APR over REVO.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thats business though. If you can't make your employee's happy they leave.

Whatever info they take with them that is not protected by law goes with them.

Gotta love a free market society. It can suck but it happens. Just the way the business cookie crumbles.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Elder Member

Default Yea, but there was a non-disclosure agreement that they did not abide by....

There's signed documents which state they cannot use their knowledge for a period of time. They violated this contract I believe. if so, that's not proper business.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default There is always a loop hole to go through with information disclosure. Even with a copyright you can

still get skrewed out of your own idea. In business it is the one that bends the rules that will survive.
Like the saying goes "nice guys finish last" and the list goes on and on.
All i know is that all the REVO upgrades i have seen, freaking rocked. So they will get my business. Plus all the controversy over them kinda makes me lean toward REVO even more. When your at the top they all want to knock you down.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:45 AM
Elder Member

Default Hehehe...you make a strong point--> Business is war.

This I understand well, but my point is that APR has a case. Trouble is that REVO is HQ'd in the UK and it's a bitch to try and bring suit against a company outside of the US. It can happen, but expensive and most likely futile.

Is REVO at the top? They may be pretty damn popular, but no doubt due to APR's R&amp;D. I was always VERY happy with APR, and after learning of the APR v. Revo deal, I still back APR as the original and in good-standing with the tuning public. That is not to say that all tuners are perfect, and APR is definitely not. I've had my own issues with APR, but when it comes to REVO, my friend, we differ.

Thank g-d we live in a "free" society. I'd hate to be dragged to prison and have incriminating pictures taken of my bruised and naked body in some cell just because of my thoughts... ;-)

Quick Reply: Have any of you checked out this company for ECU programming?