S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

I dont understand why Audi is not preferred over BMW and MB in the US.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi is the intelligent, down to earth person's car which is why the A4 has...

the highest number of sales. It's the most practical of the line and owning the "biggest" model doesn't make a difference for audi drivers. Benz and BMW drivers are concerned about how people percieve them in thier cars and and the more they paid the better. This is a generalization but I think it has some validity.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks for the feedback....

I really dont care for BMW, and MB kills its AMG cars by not offering a manual.

Audi just makes the most sense for me..and while I dont want to drive what everyone else does, I just wish that Audi would get a bit more respect.

Audi really does put out the best engineered German Luxury/Sport sedans these days.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default past yes -point is Audi started back up with almost zero sales while BMW had almost 50k loyal

customers. partly why BMW is still far ahead in the country. and you can sue the press for investigative . "free press."
Old 06-06-2005, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It goes beyond that...

They also set up a demonstration of this "phenomenon". They did something like drilled a hole in the transmission, and set up cameras to show what happens when shifting into gear when the brake was fully depressed. The car accelerated into a wall or something.

The sin of it was this-- they didn't mention that this was a demonstration. They didn't say that they modified the transmission. They tried to make it look like this "just happened".

I think that this is criminal and should have been punished appropriately...

-JPC
Old 06-06-2005, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default BMW is the IMAGE of the "ultimate driving machine"

A good number of BMW drivers buy it for the status symbol. I know a couple of these types...

-JPC
Old 06-06-2005, 07:20 AM
Elder Member

acceleration.......
Old 06-06-2005, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default you are right - years later they blew up a Chevy pick up with pyrotecnics

as a demonstration on how they blow up when t-boned and didnt tell the public it was made up - then they also tired to show how assualt rifles are so terrible by blowing up a watermelon with them - of course the .223 slug went righ tthru with no drama so them blew the melon up for a better show - then they tried to frame the president with a phoney letter about his reserve servie - when will it stop?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Audi's have poor resale, all look the same, and BMW and MB own them in the hp war

Honestly, the S4 doesn't even compare to the C55 AMG (talking in completly stock terms). Keep in mind you can easily mod a C55. The RS6 gets bitched by the E55 and soon the new M5. The S8 doesn't compare to the S55 from similar years. Audi is always behind in hp so the slogan "Never Follow" is contradictory because all audi S cars end up "following" M's and AMG's. No comparison. Look at BMW and MB forums- S4's aren't even mentioned, and when they are, it's some sort of joke.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default HP aside, they are better cars, though.

Better quality, handling (at least compared to MB), and much better looking (compared to BMW these days).

And you are smoking crack if you dont think that the B6 S4 compares to a C55. Beat it in a Car and Driver article (came in first actually, and the C55 last). The only thing the C55 was better at was strait line acceleration..and not by much.

To each his own.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:09 PM

Default stated like a true audi driver- completly biased in favor of the company looked down on by the rest

as the little bitch that produces cars that have decent interiors. Look up the stats on both the C55 and the B6 S4- you'll find that the C55 bitches it and the B7 S4. The E46 M3 bitches the S4 too, not to mention the M3 competition package. I guess you can continue to defend your little audi if you really want to.

Quick Reply: I dont understand why Audi is not preferred over BMW and MB in the US.....