S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

I sent an e-mail to Audi

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Um ?

Well basically yes he said the S4 was useless and a waste of money. But held off to saying if I wanted it of course thats what I'd get.

He tried to push getting me an M3 coupe, but I persisted by saying why get that when a new body and rumored v-8 are on the way.

As well parking here is a nightmare at college and you don't drive anywhere and the speed limit is 20 mph.

You know I have a conscience and asking my dad to spend $30+k on the S4 when I don't need a new car and it will jsut sit would be wrong of me.

Instead I'm spenidng some money I've saved up to make my car exactly what I want.

IE Nav+....

I'd take my 02 A4 with Nav+ and no shark fin
over an S4 with no Nav and a shark fin any day of the week, and it looks like I have, otherwise I'd be closing in on getting my s4.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Well....

I chose my current A4 over a 330ci at that point. And if I was getting the S4 I easily chose it over the M3.

To the common man an Audi is a VW, so I get your point there about the whole M3 / S4 thing.

While I agree both the M3 and the S4 look simliar to there 330 and A4 counterparts...

When I make the statement the S4 looks like the A4. I'm talking about my A4 more than the normal A4. With painted lowers, a votex lip spoiler, and 18s. You have to realize the simliarities in looks.

I'm no dumby, I've driven a B5 S4, A4
A B6 A4, an E46 330ci, and an E46 M3.

I know how vastly different the cars are A4 to S4 when it comes to driving.

But the looks are staggering close.

My dad would unwilling try to please his son which meant if I pushed hard enough he'd get me the S4 and allow me to have that over an M3.

But realize the differences between the cars... if not in looks come in the performance department.

Well I'm at college where the car doesn't move and if it does it moves to the tune of traffic and 20 mph - 35 mph speedlimits.

So what then are the differences of an A4 and an S4 to me ?

Obviously not enough to pull the trigger. Hey this gives me 4 years to pull together more money, get full use out of my car, and then buy a true sports car when I am in a place that doesn't restrict me to 20 mph.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I thought you promised us you'd quit posting about the S4?
Old 09-02-2003, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Re: I thought you promised us you'd quit posting about the S4?

I promised I'd stop posting (as in new threads) saying "I'm getting the S4" "I'm not getting the S4" "I'm getting the M3" "I'm not getting the M3" etc. When someone makes a comment, that could easily be pointed at me, and they usually are (see other locations in this very thread). Then I used that as an example.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think...

...that you really don't like the fin either, but don't want to admit it as you've just spent $50,000 and would like to think your expensive car is perfect. So rather than just suck it up and admit that most people think it's ugly, you pretend that everyone loves that fin, and that all the posts against it are only envious people taking shots at something they can't afford.

The fin is a roof wart, plain and simple. It wouldn't stop me from buying the car if that was the only problem I had with it, but I also wouldn't try and pretend that its critics didn't have a legitamte complaint.

Either ways, as someone else has said, I believe more attractive 3rd party replacements will be available soon enough and I do agree this subject is over done. Look on the bright side, at least people aren't complaining about the price anymore.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:07 PM

If what you say is true, wise choice and more power to you. Now stop criticizing my car!
Old 09-02-2003, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Or maybe an Evo.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I'm not criticizing your car, in fact I like it a lot...

if I did hate the S4, you'd see me posting... oh I love the M3. But there is no such post.

I don't like the shark fin in general, but that is on 2004 A4s as well... so it isn't a "hating the s4 thing".

And as for wanting Nav+ sure... but my car doesn't have it either.

Look I love the S4 for everything but the shark fin, if I had a 330 ci or 330 i, I'd want the S4 in a heart beat and find a way to get rid of the shark fin. In a different position the shark fin wouldn't even be a deal breaker to me.

I still love Nogaro Blue, and who knows maybe down the road a B7 could be a coupe or a convertible with quattro and a 6 speed, and you will see me in an "s" or rumored "rs" only car.

So I'm in no way hating on your car.

I'm still an Audi fan all the way !
Old 09-02-2003, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ah, so Mister "Greatest car ever and I'm 1000% sure I'm buying one, I mean my daddy's buying it for

me" has decided against this icon of modern engineering, performance and luxury because of a funny little radio antenna?

I couldn't be laughing harder at you right now.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I guess you've missed other posts in this very thread....

I like the car a lot.
I know how it differs from an A4 in the performance department.
I chose it over the M3.

I however can't justify buying it to sit in a tight parking lot.
I can't move my car much cause I won't have a spot when I come back.
The speed limits here are 20 - 35 mph, so I wouldn't notice speed / handling differences between the s4 and a4 in those conditions.

The antenna I could easily see past ... if I was strongly wanting to get the car. If I'm on the bubble it could put me over the edge of not wanting it.

On its own the antenna absolutely isn't enough to sway my s4 decision, the above factors were clearly the main reasons.

Quick Reply: I sent an e-mail to Audi