S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

I sent an e-mail to Audi

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOL, Yea Sia

Nice to see ya back on the boards. Hows the car?
Old 09-02-2003, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Expert

The car...a reason why I'm not on much..hehe. I LOVE IT.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:08 PM

It's the economy stupid. Thank "Dubya" for that, not the stupid fin.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:16 PM

Heh-heh-heh.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:26 PM

Default That's rediculous, these so-called critics are the whinners who obviously need something other than

the cost of the car to legitimize their not getting the car. If that detail of the car is a deal braker for you, honestly, you were never really going to get this car. Really, anyone who can afford the car won't blink at something so trivial. If it bothers those who will buy the car, guess what? They'll change it, just as they'll spend thousands to change the wheels they don't like, or the stereo and speakers, or any other feature of the car that "offends" them. By the way, my Sedan is due in less than two weeks, and I don't mind the fin a single bit - won't have payed it any mind what-so-ever if these threads didn't occur on the weekly.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:31 PM

Default Writting Audi about you not liking the "Sharkfin" is as productive as a fifteen year old writing to

Ferrari to complain about lack of cup-holders, better ride, a/c, and bigger speakers. So what. Let us know when you decide to by one and then you can have a bona fide right, or at least some kind of stock that actually means something to Audi that can be used as leverage. I don't think they would even consider you a potential buyer or would even care. I'm not trying to be a dick, but seriously, I (and I'm sure you do too) read about incessant rants from Road & Track about ONE thing they don't like about a single feature of a car when that car is other wise a slam dunk according to their own review - do you think Motor Trends problem with I-drive (or the oft derided mis-shaped trunk line) even kind of makes BMW or it's potential buyers twitch? In SoCal the new 7 series are becoming as abundant as the S500. So much for telling the germans how to refine their cars for American markets. I think it's more the other way around. I think the Eurpeans say, "If you don't like it, don't buy it, wait till your friend buys one, and then you'll want one too. And YOU WILL like the very thing you said you hated because it's become fashionable now. BTW, all the future BMW's have the same trunk lid. See if as current BMW people don't trade up even though a percentage of them "hated" the trunk in the first place.

You (and everyone else who is hysterical about the fin) act as if this feature is intrinsically wrong - as in, "I don't like it, have it removed because it's simply a design flaw". Your letter about your objection to a specific styling cue does not represent a consensus (although you're obviously entitled) and surely if there are enough protests... . Protesting this fin is like protesting Mercedes over using side-mirror mounted blinkers (and I know they did) or to whoever about rear window break-lights (before they became the standard). For what? Because YOU don't like .000002% of the car?

You could start a new thread on those "wings" they put on the bottom of the car, or the shiny mirrors, or the absence of parktronic, or that little spoiler on the back of the car. Why this particular thing about the fin stuck I'll never know - peoples attitudes and opinions are whimsical. I'm sure if everyone put their heads together, you could all find something else to get behind until you make up your minds on what it is that you want.
Thank God the european car market is not based on focus groups.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:25 AM

I think I discovered the problem. Chris Bangle designed the antenna.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: The car...a reason why I'm not on much..hehe. I LOVE IT.

You lucky bastard. I am still a couple weeks out from getting her. Once she is here, I already told work Im taking some days off to detail her myself and start the break in. Soon enough though.... soon enough.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:15 PM

Default Who said anything about a salary? Touch bit sensitive me thinks...

The shark fin has nothing to do w/salary. That's the whole point. It's a few hundred dollars at most to fix( have it removed). We've established that it's not the radio antenna (that's in the window) it's for the Navi. So you could get an aftermarket Navi (like your after market 4k "Dubs") and presto - no more shark fin. Now if all things were equal - and I'll assume they are - then why would you forego a car you REALLY liked and were REALLY going to get because of something that you could easily have fixed for a scant percentage of the value of the car?
Old 09-03-2003, 01:25 PM

Default Did those "unsightly add on" wheels come with the car or did you pay a few grand...

to have them replaced. From the pics, it looks like you changed them. Interesting that you and every other Audi, Mercedes, BMW etc ownner buys a 50k+ (Most 100k SL's I see NEVER have stock wheels) car and NEVER keeps those "unsightly add on" stock wheels, or the radio, or every other mechanical mod you'll do. What is that? Why could'nt you just pay to have the fin taken off like you payed to have the stock wheels taken off?

Quick Reply: I sent an e-mail to Audi