S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

I want to call audi of america regarding the problems I am having with my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to call audi of america regarding the problems I am having with my dealer

any advice or ways to approach this?
Old 03-29-2006, 02:00 PM

summary of problems?
Old 03-29-2006, 02:15 PM

Default Re: summary of problems?

for those not following:

Purchased car in June 04, requested the performance tires that comes with the car taken off and all-seasons put on - done personally by the manager and recorded on file.

March 06, went in for tire rotation at a tire shop and they noticed that the wrong size tires were put on 255's and this caused rubbing with the part that holds the brake and tire, inside of the tires were also worn

I brought into the dealer, and they confirmed that they put on the tires and they took the car for a drive and told me, no problem. After asking them several times to look at the actual damage, they do and they said they will replace the 4 tires for me. I ask them to replace the two parts (front side) where the rubbing caused some damage. They told me its not a safety issue so we don't have to, again after asking many times and telling them they should be responsible regardless, they reluctantly said they will do it.

I told them I needed the car tomorrow and they told me it would be done, I get a phone call at 5pm saying there are no all-season tires for the S4 in the 235/40WR18 size. I tell them on the spot that there are and named a couple. They call me back in 30 minutes and tell me, I'm sorry we missed that one and I ask who was responsible and they tell me their parts manager couldn't find this tire....And by this point since they are closing they can't put in the order until tomorrow so I won't have the car until Friday at the earliest and no loaner car....

just very fustrating, and on a bigger issue, I'm just glad I had no problems with running 255 for 2 years
Old 03-29-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Re: summary of problems?

frustrating but typical of the dealer parts and service depts. audi dealers are no exception. it's like you have to do their job(or thinking) for them sometimes. since they SHOULD be more familiar with the cars and mechanical issues than you or i, have to believe it's money motivated.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:34 PM

Default Doesn't really sound like an AoA issue.

I have no doubt it is frustrating, but the changing of tires isn't really an Audi service, it's a dealer/parts department service. They made a mistake and hopefully they are making it right. . . even if it will take a couple extra days.

I'd forego the call to AoA, as it will no doubt only lead to further frustration (read: banging of head into wall).
Old 03-29-2006, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Doesn't really sound like an AoA issue.

good point...but, sometimes you need AOA to get after a dealer from the customer satisfaction aspect. they can, and should help in this regard, if called upon.

the way it's set up is they will refer you right back to the dealer, as you said. but then they will have to stand behind one of their dealers, and force the dcealer to make it right, as the parent company so to speak. these dealers are franchises after all.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:40 PM

Default thanks for the heads up, I was going to go to AOA on two issues

1. Parts person not knowing what tires exist, but I guess that's a moot point

2. The fact that they sold me a car with the wrong tires on from the very beginning

But I guess I will think about it, thanks
Old 03-29-2006, 02:43 PM

Default work the dealer first, then fall back on AOA by all means...

and more often than not, when you have a dealer already balking, that's what it will come down to...AOA.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default You've had the car for 2 years and just now noticed the tire size ?

Have you ever washed it or checked the tire pressure ?
Old 03-29-2006, 07:47 PM

Default you are right, I should have noticed but..

never thought this would be a problem, especially when I never done a tire/wheel mod before on any of my cars. Car drove fine and no rubbing or noises ever heard.

Quick Reply: I want to call audi of america regarding the problems I am having with my dealer