S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

If you were leasing your S4(like me), what mods would you consider or which would you not.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default If you were leasing your S4(like me), what mods would you consider or which would you not.

I have the dilemma that all of us S4 leasees have. We do not want to change anything that would create a problem at lease end. Plus I don't want to put a lot of $$ into a car that I have to return in 3-4 years. However, I know that at the end of the lease,if Audi dosen't again offer to buy out the last year, I will be able to lease or buy what will be the hot iron at that time.(Audi or non Audi)
Old 05-17-2004, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I lease.....I would do any thing you want :)

Thats the way I am looking at it. Becuase once the lease is up I will probably buy it out and sell it privatly any way
Old 05-17-2004, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wheels...

You can sell these when the lease is over.

Exhaust wouldn't be too hard to swap back either. You just have to store the old one.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Banned

Default That's good only if the buyout is less than blue book.

Plus I would not want the hassle if I'm going to lease again. Although I have already had one party who said he interested.(On the day I took delivery). But, you can't depend on that.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wheels and exhaust

Both easy to sell at the end.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:59 PM

Default Same here, If nothing better in 3 years or too much $$$ will buy out and keep

like I did with my previous ride. Leased for 48mo added $30k in mods and kept.

Allan
Old 05-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Banned

I have no intention to keep. Business write off is better for me if I lease something new.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default It is very rare that the buyout is more than wholesale

This would be a major mistake by the finance company since they have to figure disposition costs into the equation.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:21 PM

Default Doesn't really matter whether you lease or buy. Mods are not an investment.

They are go fast fun enhancements for your vehicle. They will fulfil the goal of allowing you more ways to appreciate your car while you own it.

They will not improve the resale value of your car at all - in fact they typically will detract from it because it indicates the car is less than pristine OEM stock when you put it on the block at the end of your possession experience.

Assuming you keep all of the parts you replace and switch them back when you sell the car, you will get the most for your car and probably recover at least some of your mod investment as well.

I did keep all of the parts from my old B5 S4 and did have them all replaced in the end, but I got well under half of what I paid for the mod parts upon resale and when you calculate the initial install costs plus the deinstall costs, I ended up spending a lot for those enhancements. My recovery costs for selling the mod parts only covered the costs of install/deinstall at best (better return in the case of the STaSIS suspension).

It was still the case that I was able to get a better return for my car changed back to stock under the circumstances (trade in) than I would have received had I traded it in with the aftermarket parts.

YMMV, but I saw a lot of similar experiences on the B5 S4 board as various of the faithful sold off their steeds and wandered off to other pastures.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I lease too. Just remember the lease clause that you will not modify,...

The point is you have to be prepared to return the car to stock to turn it in or they will do it for you (ouch!), unless you buy it of course. With that in mind have all the fun you want.

Quick Reply: If you were leasing your S4(like me), what mods would you consider or which would you not.