S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Interesting visit to PES Tuning today (supercharger content inside)...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting visit to PES Tuning today (supercharger content inside)...

I was down at PES Tuning today talking with Tony and Patrick about their upcoming G4 S/C system for the 4.2L and was quite impressed with what I saw. They have the first development system on a B6 S4 and I went for a half hour drive with them as they collected engine data and put the system through its paces.

First let me say that the build quality of the system is excellent. It uses an Eaton blower mounted under a beautiful cast aluminum powder-coated manifold with a removable lid that allows simple access to the intercooler core. This allows you to buy the non-intercooled version to start, then get the intercooler core and pop it in down the road when the stock market comes back.

They are doing initial testing now and working on the ECU tuning, but I was really impressed with how smooth and strong the system was with only a quick ECU tune that Tony completed yesterday. Under normal driving conditions, you don't really know that there's anything special under the hood, but once you get on it, the car screams. We had about 550 lbs of people in the car (3 of us) and some equipment, and the development car is a tiptronic, but it was still noticeably faster than my 6sp B6. The development car doesn't even have the intercooler installed, so the full kit will be even more powerful.

They are going to be putting the kit on my S6 which will be their development car for the C5 chassis, so I'm anxious to see how that goes over the next few weeks.

Overall, I think people are going to be very happy with this product when it becomes available in the near future. Finally an affordable S/C that will actually be available soon. I saw about a dozen blowers and manifold castings sitting in stock at PES ready for delivery when the kits start shipping.

Cool stuff.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice! How did it sound?
Old 03-06-2009, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Hmmmm...

"but it was still noticeably faster than my 6sp B6."

Well, even w/o an intercooler, 3 peeps in car and as a Tip, I would sure hope that a car with a S/C was "noticeably faster" than a non-SC with the same engine!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It sounded just like you'd expect...

a nice supercharger whine on hard throttle, quiet everywhere else. Pretty damn cool.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Oh, and another thing- They had an R8 there and...

they will be putting the blower on the R8 as well. What a sweet car that is....
Old 03-06-2009, 09:53 PM

Default Had a PES G2 2 yrs ago, ran flawlessly, nice pwr. Will go w/ this sys when the time comes, 4 sure...

My experience with the PES products has been nothing short of superior ---they clearly do their homework there.

Am already working on gathering up the 8G's for the G4 system when she comes out---I have no doubt she will scream AND be reliable.

Can't wait...
Old 03-07-2009, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Think they'll do a D3 A8?

Should be pretty close to the S6, since it has a timing belt etc.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Major props to Tony and Patrick...

I seriously doubted their timeline on this project but they came through. Great job guys! I just hope that these kits aren't brought to market only a month after first installation and tuning. Other tuners are spending a LOT of time road testing their beta cars for long term reliability. But again, great job!
Old 03-08-2009, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm sure they would if you asked nicely....

since it is the same motor as the S6 and A6 4.2.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You could be the A8 test mule and get it for a discount maybe.

Quick Reply: Interesting visit to PES Tuning today (supercharger content inside)...